SEMA brought big news from many manufacturers throughout the last week, but it was ARB that really knocked it out of the park with a slew of exciting releases. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you will have undoubtedly seen their biggest additions, a range of new accessories for the 2016 Tacoma, and a weatherproof stainless steel fridge (both of which can be seen here), but another important release has gone almost unnoticed by comparison, the Summit Bull Bar for the 5th Gen 4Runner.
Since the truck’s introduction in 2014, owners have been screaming for new front bumper options of any kind. While ARB was unfortunately a little slow to respond, we feel the updated look and attention to detail on the final product have made it well worth the wait.
The core of the new Summit Bar utilizes the same chassis mounts as the last generation, but the exterior has been completely redesigned to complement the curves and angles utilized on the 4Runner’s new front end. It has also been updated to match the more modern styling and features of ARB’s current lineup including larger fog lamps and housings, press form cover straps, a two piece split pan grill with access door for winch clutch operation, and a recessed winch control box.
Of course this new bumper retains all the great features we’ve come to expect from ARB over the years. Multi-fold steel construction with anti-corrosion primer, impact zones angled to push animals down and away from the windshield, Hi-Lift jack points and antennae mounts, LED turn signals, reinforced recovery points, laser cut holes to improve airflow to various components, and of course the most important aspect of all, a carefully engineered design with airbag compatibility.
The new Summit Bull Bar is set to be released just in time for the holidays this December, and prices start at $1591 for the base model, and $1834 with the fog lights, loom, and other hardware.
• Vehicle specific design for the Toyota 4Runner 2014+ model, excluding the Limited model.
• Registered design of styling and design components.
• Durable steel construction for maximum protection.
• Incorporates ARB’s renowned multi fold upswept and tapered wing design for optimum strength and
• 30mm radius on wings and centre section.
• Engineered, air bag compatible mounting system secures to the chassis via high tensile bolts.
• Split pan design for maximum strength and airflow.
• 2 piece grill design for split pan.
• Extensive protection panels on centre and either side.
• Pressed form top pan and aluminium (powder coated black) winch cover panel.
• Twin Hi-Lift jack points located beneath each buffer for optimum strength.
• Durable two piece buffers.
• Includes ARB LED Indicator and Clearance light.
• Two aerial brackets located on the top of the centre tube.
• Will accommodate Warn, Magnum, Smittybilt low mount model electric winches up to 10,000lb.
• Provision to accommodate ARB Intensity LED’s and IPF lights.
• Provision for optional ARB Fog light kit part no 3500590. Included in 3421550K kit.
• Provision for optional ARB Fog light covers (Part no 3500680).
• Provision for Optional Summit Roller Fairlead Cover (Part no 3500850).
• Bar adds approximately 6.8 inch / 175mm to the overall length of the vehicle.
• Approximate weight of the bar, chassis mounts and fitting kit is 191 lbs / 87kg.
• Zinc rich primer for additional corrosion resistance.
• Finished in a hard wearing satin black powder coat with the added option of color matching to individual