March 8 is International Women’s Day and March itself is Women’s History Month. To celebrate, Teresa Baker, founder of In Solidarity Project, has organized a Women’s Outdoor Summit, this year running Thursday, March 11 to Saturday, March 13.
Partnering with Jam Collective, a social media networking group, and Ravel Media, editorial providers for outdoor and travel companies, Teresa has created the event for women who have made the outdoors their career, playground, or workplace.
The Women’s Outdoor Summit is a place where “cis and trans women, as well as people who experience gender discrimination in their outdoor professional and personal lives,” can meet and learn from each other.
The 2021 event is free and virtual, welcoming anyone who supports and is comfortable sharing experiences centered around women. Participants will find workshops and panels, keynote speakers, and CEO roundtable discussions during the three-day summit, streamed live via StreamYard on YouTube. Organizers encourage community discussion before, during, and after the event in a private Facebook Group for attendees.
The first Women’s Outdoor Summit was held in 2017 at the Presidio in San Francisco, with more than 200 outdoor enthusiasts, CEOs, and leaders attending.
For more information, visit womensoutdoorsummit.com.
Registration is open for the March 11-13 event.
- Jaylyn Gough, Land Acknowledgements — @jaylyn.gough
- Congresswoman Deb Haaland, Day 1 Keynote — @repdebhaaland
- Intersectional Environmentalist, Day 1 Panel — @intersectionalenvironmentalist
- Kristy Drutman, Day 2 Workshop — @browngirl_green
- Cindy Villaseñor, Day 2 Workshop — @cerowastecindy
- Cristal Cisneros, Day 2 Keynote — @xicanaafuera
- Jenny Bruso, Day 2 Panel — @jennybruso
- Carolyn Finney, Day 3 Keynote — @finneysmojo
- Day 3 CEO Roundtable participants:
- Jeanine Pesce | Founder, RANGE— @depescemode / @thisisrange
- Karla Amador | Founder,52 Hike Challenge — @lovekarlaamador / @hike52challenge
- Sierra Domaille | Founder, HiHeyHello Magazine — @saharad / hiheyhellomagazine
- Sensi Graves | Founder, Sensi Graves Swim — @sensigraves / @sensiswim
- Agnes Vianzon | Executive Director, Eastern Sierra Conservation Corps — @agnesvianzon / @easternsierracc
- Natali Zollinger | Co-Founder, RVR 2 RVR — @natalizollinger / @rvr2rvr
- Diana Seung | General Manager, Jack Wolfskin — @dise425 / @jackwolfskin
- Michelle Wardian | President and Chief Strategy Officer, Youngone North America — @michellewardian / @outdoorresearch
- Nettie Pardue | Executive Director, Outward Bound California — @outwardboundcalifornia
- Lise Aangeenbrug | Outdoor Industry Association — @outdoorindustry
- Skye DeLano | Executive Director, Outride — @outride
- Melanie Cox | Chief Executive Officer, Backcountry — @backcountry
- Emily Newman | Executive Director, Camber Outdoors — @camberoutdoors
- Alison Désir | Founder, Harlem Run, Co-Chair, RIDC— @alisonmdesir / @harlemrun
- Amy Beck | Chief Executive Officer, Oboz — @obozfootwear
- Jennifer Kriske | Machines For Freedom — @jenn.kriske / @machinesforfreedom
- Michelle and Kenya Jackson-Saulters | #WeHikeToHeal — @outdoorjournaltour
Our No Compromise Clause: We carefully screen all contributors to make sure they are independent and impartial. We never have and never will accept advertorial, and we do not allow advertising to influence our product or destination reviews.