Expedition Portal first launched in 2005, and has over 3,000 articles in our archives, and during the past decade, we experienced nearly 1 billion page views. With 2020 marking a new decade, we pulled the analytics for the site and found the most popular articles from 2010 to 2019. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed writing them. And thanks to all our loyal readers that have made the last 15 years possible. Several of these articles are also available in our new podcast series.
1. The Top 10 Used Overland Vehicles
The AEV Ram Prospector made our list of top used rigs.
2. Where the Rubber Meets the Road: The Overland Journal All-Terrain Tire Test
Joe Bacal and Scott Brady test the best all-terrain tires on the market, on road and off.
3. The 10 Commandments of Modifying Your Overland Vehicle
Simplicity is always the goal when preparing a vehicle for overlanding.
4. The Buyer’s Guide to Soft-Shell Roof Tents
Roof Tents have become exceedingly popular, and we share our buyer’s guide for the latest models.
5. The Buyer’s Guide to Hard-Shell Roof Tents
We list the latest and greatest hard-shell roof tents in this comprehensive buyer’s guide.
6. Jack of All Trades – An Overland Journal skills article on operating the Hi-Lift Jack
Author Bruce Elfstrom, safely operating the Hi-Lift jack.
7. The Brüder EXP-6 Trailer
News piece on the Brüder EXP-6 Trailer
8. Overland Routes | The Texas Hill Country
Chris Cordes explores the Texas Hill Country in his Ford Excursion.
9. The Buyer’s Guide to Portable Fridges
10. Featured Vehicle | John Burtt’s Toyota Tacoma
The durable and reliable Toyota Tacoma, built for exploring the world.
Expedition Portal Forum:
And, of course, any ExPo list must include the epic trip through the Congo from Lubumbashi to Kinshasa. This is the most-read post on the forum with millions of views.