Electric vehicle innovation is coming at a rapid pace, and it is quite clear that commercial applications are directly in their sights. This also good for overland travelers, as commercial application trucks and vans often have the payload, simplicity, and durability desired for backcountry travel. With that, Bollinger Motors has released its new cab/chassis model, which is just begging for an expedition camper fitment.
1. 5,000-pound payload
2. Cab-chassis configuration
3. Perfectly flat and low frame rails
4. Available in a 2-door and 4-door configuration
5. All-wheel drive
6. 10-kilowatt onboard inverter
7. Factory pass-through is ideal for camper fitment
Talk about a blank canvas!
Complete Press Release, as Delivered by Bollinger:
Bollinger Motors Unveils World’s First
Class 3 Electric Commercial Truck Platform
B2 Chassis Cab Offers Endless Commercial Applications
DETROIT, April 30, 2020 — Bollinger Motors announces plans to produce and sell the all-electric B2 Chassis Cab. The Bollinger B2CC is the world’s first and only Class 3 all-electric chassis-cab truck platform, and it offers unlimited work truck variants.
““The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab’s unique features – including the 5,000-lb. payload and large energy source to power tools – make it perfect for businesses, small and large,” says CEO Robert Bollinger. “Commercial fleets will be able to reduce their overall cost of operation while buying a truck designed, engineered, and built in the USA. The B2CC is an ideal option for municipalities, parks services, emergency response vehicles, airports, construction, landscaping, electricians, plumbers, security, non-tactical military, and more.
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be built on the patent-pending Bollinger Motors E-Chassis all-wheel drive base that underpins the Bollinger B1 Sport Utility Truck and the B2 Pickup. It will be available in both 2-door and 4-door cabs and on multiple wheelbase lengths.
Features of the patent-pending Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab include:
• Two-door or Four-door cab
• Various wheelbase lengths, based on desired customization
• Patent-pending passthrough for storage of long items
• 120 kWh battery pack
• All-wheel drivetrain
• All-terrain capabilities
• Dual motor
• Portal gear hubs
• 5,000 lb. payload
• Ultra-low center of gravity
• Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
• Electronic traction control
• Electronic stability control
• Hydraulic power steering
• Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
• Independent front and rear suspension
• 10kw on-board charger/inverter
• Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
• Integrated thermal-management system
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be made available to commercial outfitters in late 2021 in both full cab and cutaway-cab variants.
Bollinger Motors filed the provisional patent application for all-electric Class 3 vehicles on November 18, 2019. The patent application number is 62936929.
About Bollinger Motors
Founded in 2015 by Robert Bollinger, Bollinger Motors is a U.S.-based company, headquartered outside of Detroit in Ferndale, Michigan. Bollinger will manufacture the world’s first all-electric, on- and off-road trucks, the B1 Sport Utility Truck (SUT) and the B2 Pickup Truck. Its first prototype, the two-door B1, unveiled in 2017, is displayed at The Peterson Museum in Los Angeles, as part of the ‘Alternating Currents’ exhibit.