With over three years of R&D and field-testing, we’ve got high hopes for the OVRLNDR press, the newest French press from Montana-based coffee innovator Planetary Designs. But in a world of coffee-making kits, of which there are many high-quality options already available, what makes the OVRLNDR special? CEO of Planetary Design, Jess Nepstad, had this to say:
“We’ve been developing a French press with a removable base for several years, and we’re happy to see our hard work and ingenuity culminate with the introduction of the BruTrek OVRLNDR Press this summer. It truly is a ‘no-mess’ French press.”
The OVRLNDR is chock full of features, drawing on Planetary Designs 15 years of coffee innovation. It promises to prevent over-brewing of your coffee thanks to its Bru-Stop plunger, and the removable base makes cleaning up easy. Here’s a glance at the OVRLNDR’s full set of features:
- 28-fluid-ounce capacity
- Rugged construction that can hold up to life on the road
- Double-wall vacuum insulation
- Lockable, spill-proof lid
- Planetary’s Bru-Stop plunger and plate assembly (which they claim halts the brewing process once it’s been depressed, preventing bitter, over-extracted coffee)
- Available in brushed steel, Mountain Lake, Obsidian, and Red Rock colors (with textured finish)
“Consumers today are more educated about coffee and brewing methods, and they expect innovation and higher quality—even when traveling America’s highways, byways, and backroads or recreating in the outdoors. We’re poised to make a big change in the design of French presses.”
The OVRLNDR retails for $50 and will be available for purchase mid-July of 2020.
Check out the Planetary Designs BruTech OVLNDR coffee press on their website.