As most everyone who has been in the market lately has experienced, well-maintained and turn-key overland vehicles are hard to find these days. Or maybe they have always been. But combined with the fact that both the Toyota Tacoma and Four Wheel Campers are objects for which the laws of depreciation don’t apply, you can’t go wrong with the package we are featuring today.
A lot of elements are attractive, but for us, there are a few things that stand out.
First, the manual transmission. As many Tacoma owners know so well, the Atkinson engine/transmission combo of the current generation is not the most exciting to drive—as reliable as it can be, it lacks a bit of soul. The 6-speed manual should solve this and awaken your adventurer senses.
Second, it looks like the overall weight has been kept in check. It is difficult to keep a Tacoma within GVWR but this package should be as close to it as possible, especially with the suspension modification.
Third, with the current situation in most ski resorts in North America forcing you to enjoy all the “after-ski” activities from the parking lot, the attention given to proper winter insulation is a major benefit here. Essentially, just add your gear and hit the road and the slopes.
Finally, a one-owner, rust-free West Coast origin, and a realistic price mean that this truck will likely sell fast.
Some more details from Brian, the seller:
“I’m the original owner of this rig and am sorry to see it go, our family is going to be outgrowing the Tacoma. This is a turn-key rig all set to become a mobile ski lodge in the winter or a cabin in the summer. I’ve spent the past couple winters trying to fine-tune the layout and accessories to maximize usable space/add as much convenience as possible and in my mind, I’ve gotten pretty close.”
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4×4 – 6-speed manual – 81,000 miles
- Bilstein 5100 2-inch lift kit
- Custom rear leaf springs by Boise Spring Works
- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, 285/70/17
- Fuel Enduro matte black wheels, 17×9, -12 offset
- 2018 Four Wheel Camper Fleet shell with the following options:
- Mesa Silver Spur exterior siding
- Aluminum Jack brackets
- Mechanical Camper jacks (like new, always stored inside and never kept on the camper while driving)
- Yakima roof rack tracks
- Fan-Tastic vent fan
- Extra roof vent
- Two 12-volt deep cycle batteries
- Furnace system w/propane tanks
- Rear wall steps
- Thermal pack
- The camper is also built out with a number of customizations:
- Yakima 70-inch CoreBars/mounts
- Back-up camera
- 100[watt solar panel/charge controller
- ARB 37-quart fridge
- Custom front dinette with Lagun table
- Custom Cabinetry with fold-up table that maximizes space on the interior. Shelving is also easily accessible while standing outside of the camper—amazing when you do not want to crawl inside to grab something
- Custom window insulation
- Custom additional insulation that slides behind the thermal pack—invaluable when camping in temps in the 20s and below. Easily cuts the cycling of the furnace system in half
- 80/20 rack system that bolts onto the passenger-side jack brackets. One of the most useful customizations I’ve done for skis in the winter and paddleboards in the summer.
- Yakima ski rack modified to fit is included
- Hitch step
- Wilco hitchswing
- Extra turnbuckles/thermostat (just in case)
If you are interested, head over to the original forum posting here.
Our No Compromise Clause: We carefully screen all contributors to make sure they are independent and impartial. We never have and never will accept advertorial, and we do not allow advertising to influence our product or destination reviews.