The FJ Cruiser started life as a concept car but was so well received that Toyota decided to put it into production. It’s unusual for a vehicle that’s over a decade old to still look contemporary, but the FJ’s rugged yet curvaceous body shape matched with classic Land Cruiser styling cues and purposeful 4WD detailing still looks magnificent. If you can’t tell, I’m a big fan, so when this supercharged 300 horsepower example was listed on our forum, I had to feature it.
From the Seller:
“A well-loved, well-maintained, well-built, and proven rig that will take you just about anywhere you want to go and is ready for thousands of miles before you have to do anything to it.”
2007 Toyota AT FJ Cruiser
The FJ showcases a body-on-frame design, 4-link rear suspension, coil springs, and a specialized traction control system known as A-Trac (mimics a locking differential) ensures excellent all-terrain capability. The stock V6 delivers 239 horsepower and 278 pound-feet of torque, which provides surprisingly lively on-road performance. A contemporary interior integrates subtle off-road features such as oversized controls for use with gloves and washable rubber materials, while a three-gauge cluster (including compass, temperature, and inclinometer) further affirms the FJ’s overlanding credentials. Finally, it offers a 5,000-pound max towing capacity, and a 1,325-pound payload.
This Toyota FJ Cruiser is no show pony, but a dialled in, meticulously maintained overland rig. The owner has made extensive modifications to enhance 4WD performance and dependability, including:
- TRD Supercharger (increasing output to 300 horsepower and 330 pound-feet of torque)
- Safari snorkel
- 4.56 Nitro gears
- ARB Deluxe bull bar with 12,500-pound Superwinch
- Toyo mud terrains on Wheeler’s Off Road 16-inch steel wheels
- Toytec Boss 2.5-inch front coilovers, Icon Overlander rear springs and 2.0 shocks, Rokmen Off Road heavy-duty adjustable panhard bar and lower control arms, and Toytec adjustable aluminium rear upper control arms
- ARB full-length roof rack and Thule wind fairing
- Viair 400C onboard air compressor
- Expedition One trail series rear bumper with Smooth Motion tire carrier
- Custom Magnaflow high clearance exhaust
- BudBuilt front, engine, and transfer case steel skid plates, RCI sliders with kickout and tread plate, RCI metalworks lower link skids, Icon stainless steel lower shock shin guards, and more
This 2007 Supercharged Toyota AT FJ Cruiser is listed for $27,500 and is currently located in Lakewood, Colorado. Check the full vehicle specifications via the original Expedition Portal forum post here.
Our No Compromise Clause: We carefully screen all contributors to make sure they are independent and impartial. We never have and never will accept advertorial, and we do not allow advertising to influence our product or destination.