There are two new models of note: The TG810 and the SZ30MR. The TG810 is a strong choice for the rough and tumble overlander that is either always dropping their camera or subjecting it to endless environments of snow, sand, extreme heat (leave it on the dash in Morocco?) and a good splash of mud in Guatemala. The SZ30MR is a suitable back-up for a primary DSLR, offering impressive image quality with 1080p HDV recording. This unit will also be useful for the backpack traveler or someone living off of a compact adventure moto.
Spec’s on the TG810:
This 14-megapixel camera remembers exactly where you took the perfect image, so you don’t have to. The Olympus TOUGH TG-810 also boasts Dual Image Stabilization to cut the blur out of your photography, Wi-Fi compatibility for instant image sharing via an optional Eye-Fi Card, 3D still image capture in and out of the water.
- GPS, Electronic Compass and Manometer – use as a regular compass, tag images with landmark information or capture your altitude or depth of water in addition to location data and map coordinates;
- HD Video and HDMI® Control – HD video delivers a broadcast-quality movie experience when played back on a high-definition television (HDTV);
- 3D Photo Mode – captures two shots of a scene from two different angles to create still photos that can be viewed with the added excitement and realism of 3D;
- Eye-Fi™ Card Compatibility – allows automatic wireless uploading of images to the website or PC of your choice;
- New! Magic Art Filters – make it possible to create special artistic effects in still images and/or movies directly in the camera;
- In-Camera Panorama – offers quick and easy panorama shots; and
- AF Tracking – tracks a moving subject automatically and keeps it in focus for optimal image quality.
Spec’s on the SZ-30MR:
The full-featured SZ-30MR, a super-zoom camera with a multi-recording function capable of simultaneously capturing 1080p HD video and 16-megapixel still images without missing a frame, perfect for documenting events like birthdays and school plays. The Olympus SZ-30MR helps you capture it all with its 24x optical wide-zoom lens, and displays your pictures and videos on its crisp 3.0-inch, high-resolution LCD. Whether you’re trying to capture the action on the local soccer field or that once-in-a-lifetime wildlife shot, this is the camera for you. The Olympus SZ-30MR comes packed with a variety of features that deliver a superior imaging experience far and wide:
- New! Multi-Recording Mode – a world-first, Olympus Dual Engine technology enables users to combine various photo and movie recording modes simultaneously;
- 24x wide-optical zoom – enables exceptional close-ups;
- Full HD Video and HDMI® Control – delivers a broadcast-quality 1080p movie experience when played back on an HDTV;
- New! 7fps Continuous Shooting (16MP) – offers a full-resolution burst mode enabling continuous shooting, in rapid succession;
- New! 3D Photo Mode – captures two shots of a scene from two different angles to create still photos that can be viewed with the added excitement and realism of 3D; and
- New! Eye-Fi™ Card Compatibility – enables automatic wireless uploading of images to the website or PC of your choice.