The Ineos Grenadier is the most exciting SUV in decades, providing a 100% fit for purpose design for overland travel. Solid axles, differential locks, long travel, high payload, and a space efficient box design makes it an object of desire for many of us.
I had the opportunity to talk with Greg Clark (GM of Ineos Americas) about their latest updates. Ineosgrenadier.com
Here are a the critical pieces of news:
– Online reservations open to early adopters tomorrow! Invites will come by email.
(Note: it is essential to register on their site HERE, as the early adopter program closes today 29 September. This will get you access to reserving your spot in line)
– Ineos is building out a curated dealer network, but ordering will also be available online
– They will have a global service network (including remote regions) using the Bosch service centers.
– EU and UK sales start in 2022
– USA sales start early 2023 (with deliveries by summer 2023)
Other notable updates:
– Their North America headquarters will be in Raleigh, North Carolina.
– US Dealer network with be consolidated on the coasts, but also in high profile outdoor markets like Colorado and Arizona.
– The dealerships will be highly functional, minimalist, and located near off-road testing routes. The dealerships will be full purchase experiences, including trail testing.
– Service and sales agreements will be in place for BMW dealerships that also own Ineos dealerships. This will allow service of the Grenadiers at those BMW service centers
– Service will also be available at 10,000 Bosch service centers worldwide, including developing countries.
– Dealership network will also launch in Canada and Mexico after the 2023 USA launch.
– High likelihood of dealers in South America (2025 est.)
– Critically, the entire parts and service catalog will be available for owners, permitting parts ordering and service/repair in remote areas. Think field fixes!
-It will be available with clear windows available as an option. Dark tint and developing-world travel does not mix.
– Pricing is vague (delivery is still a few years out), but expect them to cost less than $80,000, which puts the Grenadier right in line with the 200 series Land Cruiser and Land Rover Defender.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, CEO of Ineos, and prolific overlander and adventurer (when an overland traveler has the resources and conviction to build his own vehicle.)
Greg Clark, GM of the Americas operations.