GMC captured our attention in the fall of 2020 with their Hummer EV announcement, complete with a list of futuristic features like CrabWalk…yes, seriously. If you are late to the party, learn why Scott Brady calls the EV Hummer “Electric Overland Nirvana”, here. I think it’s fair to say that we’re equally excited for this announcement – GMC has just announced the addition of a Hummer EV SUV to its supertruck lineup for 2024.
“The GMC HUMMER EVs were envisioned to be the most capable and compelling electric supertrucks ever,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president of Buick and GMC. “The new HUMMER EV SUV is the next chapter, which will offer many options for customers to tailor the truck to their lifestyles while continuing to encourage them to forge new paths with zero emissions.”
Like the Hummer EV, the Hummer EV SUV will be powered by the Ultium platform and will launch with an exclusive Edition 1 variant which allows customers to optimize between driving range or maximum off-road capability. Edition 1 will also come standard with 22-inch premium wheels, assist steps, and floor liners.
If you are looking for enhanced performance on the trail, GMC’s Extreme Off-Road package provides 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD MT tires, underbody armor and rock sliders, a front eLocker and virtual rear lockers, heavy-duty ball-spline half-shafts, UltraVision with underbody camera views, and more.
Like the initial Hummer EV, the Hummer EV SUV will include CrabWalk, Extract Mode, and more. The SUV features a new rear design with a mounted full-size spare tire and a similar five-passenger layout (from the pickup) including a large and useful rear cargo area.
Additional Hummer EV SUV Details (direct from GMC)
- An off-road beast, with a 126.7-inch wheelbase giving it expected best-in-class off-road proportions with impressive departure and breakover angles, and a tighter turning circle of only 35.4 feet (10.8 meters) with 4-Wheel Steer standard on 2X, 3X and Edition 1
- An immersive interior puts the driver at the center of every moment, including customizable, multisensory user features and an open driving experience with the standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels, I-Bar, and rear drop glass
- GM’s Ultium Drive Systemoffers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque (GM estimated) — enough power for super-fast 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with Watts To Freedom3
- New tactical technology via the redesigned myGMC app including Energy Assist
- Great degree of customization via My Mode, auxiliary buttons and nearly 200 accessories available at launch
- Next-gen electric, with a 20-module Ultium battery system offering up to a GM estimated 300+ miles of range5 on Edition 1 (with standard equipment)
“Additionally, all HUMMER EV SUV models feature the enhanced version of Super Cruise, an available driver-assistance technology offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles (approximately 322,000 km) of enabled roads, and a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols.”
Production of the Hummer EV SUV Edition 1 is slated to begin in 2023 with a starting MSRP of $105,595 (including DFC). Adding the Extreme Off-Road package raises the MSRP to $110,595 (including DFC).
Learn more on the GMC website, here.
Our No Compromise Clause: We carefully screen all contributors to make sure they are independent and impartial. We never have and never will accept advertorial, and we do not allow advertising to influence our product or destination reviews.