I may be biased about this rig, as we’re currently driving around Central America with a Nimbl camper on a stock Dodge Ram 2500, but in all honesty, I am loving it. We are and have always been Land Rover people. We would argue with the Cruiser fanatics and would not waiver in our dedication to the brand until now. Don’t get me wrong, I really love our Defender, and I dream of her on a regular basis and can’t wait until I am reunited with her, but at times, when I wake up in the Nimbl camper and lay in the giant queen sized bed, staring out at whatever view we were blessed with that morning while Graeme prepares a cup of tea, and Keelan takes a shower, I know now that we have to get some serious remodeling done on our girl, to make her as comfortable and luxurious as the Nimbl camper.
Doug Robertson has owned this rig for the past ten years, and over this time, he has relied on the talented builders at Nimbl to upgrade several components from the original build, and at only $129,000 (with all the modifications and stock Ram), this rig is a steal.
The Base Truck
2005 Dodge Ram with 5.9 Cummins with 104,278 miles, which does not require Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), making it an ideal overland rig for worldwide travel.
- Aluminum flatbed with storage boxes and storage drawer
- Aluminum drop-down bed sides for use when the camper is removed with a 7×9-foot bed
- Custom aluminum Denver Offroad front bumper, built to withstand an elk strike
- ARB Air lockers, front and rear, with onboard air, tank, and dual outlets
- Icon shocks with upgraded rear leaf springs and airbags
- 62-gallon diesel tank
- Brand new Goodyear Wrangler 33-inch tires
The Nimbl Camper
The 4-person camper is an original 2012 XP Camper but with many upgrades completed by Nimbl in Colfax, CA.
- Solid zebra dinette table with cushioned seats (with storage underneath) that converts into a single-bed
- 75-gallon fresh water tank and a 25-gallon grey water tank
- Spare roof hatch window, surround, and shade
- 100-liter Dometic electric refrigerator
- Webasto diesel heater and cooktop
- The wet bath has a flip-up toilet/shower combo that closes when not in use
- Two 100-amp hour Battleborn Lithium batteries with 2,000 watt inverter and two 125-watt solar panels
The beauty of the Nimbl setup is that you can remove the camper body within 15 minutes, and the sale of this camper includes the steel rolling cart available for camper storage when off the truck.
This Nimbl Camper with Dodge Ram is listed for $129,000 and is currently located in Apple Valley, California. Check the full vehicle specifications via the originalExpedition Portal forum post here.
Our No Compromise Clause: We carefully screen all contributors to ensure they are independent and impartial. We never have and never will accept advertorial, and we do not allow advertising to influence our product or destination reviews.