Orders for the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe opened yesterday in Jeep showrooms across Italy, Spain, Belgium and Serbia and will progressively open across Europe during the month of December. Launched last summer, the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe Plug-in Hybrid is reportedly the most capable, powerful, efficient, eco-friendly, technically advanced and connected Wrangler ever introduced in the European market and marks a major milestone in the brand’s history and a further step towards the electrification of its entire range.
Thanks to its plug-in hybrid powertrain, Wrangler 4xe enables customers to travel full-electric and at zero emissions on their everyday commutes around the city, and to enjoy an efficient and fun on-road driving experience, while benefiting of enhanced all-terrain performance in nearly absolute silence.
A hit with European consumers since its commercial launch, the Jeep Wrangler 4xe also proves that off-road can be eco-friendly, emotion can be efficient and electric driving can be fun. With the introduction of model year 2022, 100 percent of the Wrangler line-up is offered as plug-in hybrid only in left-hand drive European markets. This provides a solid foundation for the brand’s plan to offer 70 percent of all Jeep vehicles sold worldwide by 2025 with an electrified powertrain option.
- The Jeep Wrangler 4xe’s propulsion system combines two electric motors, a 2.0-liter I-4 engine and 8-speed automatic transmission for nearly silent propulsion and enhanced 4×4 off-road capability, without EV range anxiety
- Full suite of Uconnect Services for customers to enjoy an integrated toolkit combining functionality, connectivity and services with ease of use
- For 2022, the Wrangler 4xe range is further enhanced with advanced technology content and a full set of last generation ADAS features including Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control, Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus with Advanced brake assist and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop – all offered as standard on the 2022 model year models
- New paint colors and factory Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Gorilla Glass windshield
- More Authentic Jeep open-air adventures with the new Sunrider Flip top by Mopar joining the several top combinations offered on Wrangler (three-piece hardtop, soft top, power soft top and topless)
- With the introduction of the 2022 model year, 100 percent of the Wrangler range in Europe is offered in the 4xe plug-in hybrid variant, only.