The dates of this contest have been extended due to the unfortunate fire season. The contest will now run until October 31st, and the winner will be selected at their SEMA booth!
Big news floated down the pipeline from Dometic and Tread Lightly earlier this month. It turns out that the two organizations have teamed up to promote trail and environmental stewardship through one of the largest collaborative cleanups in history. Their goal is to clean 25,000 miles of trails by the end of October and to complete that massive feat, they’re going to need some help.
They’re asking all of us to pick up the junk we see while hiking, biking, riding motorcycles, or driving trucks, and pack it out for proper disposal. In return, they’re giving everyone a chance to win a Dometic CFX-40W fridge/freezer, with no strings attached. Here’s how it all works.
- Clean up litter from an area you enjoy (this could be a trail, park or another area out in nature.
- Take a photo or video of your cleanup (see the Full Official Rules link below for requirements).
- Post the photo or video on social media with the caption of your choice.
- Use #25000CleanMilesContest at the beginning of your post caption.
- Tag @dometic in the post.
- You are now entered for a chance to win a Dometic CFX40W powered cooler!
At the end of October, the winner will be chosen and announced by Dometic, and a new CFX40W will be sent to their doorstep. Easy, right? Now all you have to do is decide how you want to handle this free excuse to hit the trail. You could bring some friends along to help with the efforts, organize a trail cleanup with a local club, or just pick up something small near camp. Even one less can on the side of the road is a step in the right direction. Good luck, everyone!
To learn more about the contest, follow the link here.