For many people the Camel Trophy competition was the pinnacle of four wheel drive adventure. It was something that captivated us, inspired us, and stirred us up to get out there and see the world. If you dream of navigating a Sandglow Yellow Land Rover Defender through the jungles of the Amazon than this just might be your chance. With a simple 300tdi diesel engine that has covered only 46,000 miles this 1987 Defender is ready to take you on almost any adventure you ask it. This Defender was recently refreshed with brand new shocks, springs, suspension bushings, driveshafts and even a galvanized frame to top things off.
Here’s a look at what the seller has to say:
Frame off Rebuilt Defender 110 diesel
Truck is a 1987 and is titled in NC as a 1987 Land Rover Defender 110, EBay doesn’t recognize the UK imported vin.
This truck was taken down to the frame and built back up. Frame has been galvanized and is in perfect condition.
· Truck is fitted with a Defender 300tdi, covering only 46,000 miles. Truck is fitted with an 5-speed transmission, and an LT-230 transfer case
· Engine has new timing belt, new front seals, new head gasket, head machined and rebuilt, new rear seals, new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator
· New suspension bushings
· New shocks and springs and shock towers
· New fuel lines, new brake lines
· New body cross member
· Rebuilt axles.
· New brakes
· New bearings
· Rebuilt drive shafts
· Aluminum tread plates behind the doors
· Stainless steel door bolts
· Rebuilt door bottoms and repainted
· Frame is excellent, bulkhead is excellent,
· Truck cruises along at 70mph with no problems.
· We did not paint the truck, it originally came with a 2.5TD and a rusty chassis, we removed the chassis and rebuilt it and had it galvanize dipped to protect it. No corrosion on the chassis, floors were rebuilt and repainted.
Frame is excellent, floors are excellent, doors are excellent.