There is clearly no shortage of capable trucks within the Expedition Portal community, but a few stand out as exceptionally well thought out and masterfully executed. ExPo member Ventura911 of California has such a truck, and one worthy of being our featured vehicle of the week. A 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon, this is not just a sound overland platform, it’s also a daily driver. The delicate balance between everyday utility and extended travel capabilities has made this a multi-year project, and as is often the case, remains a continual work in progress.
The modifications to this Jeep represent a smart blend of performance upgrades and traveler comforts ranging from an extended fuel tank to a hot water shower system. The robust roof rack and thoughtful rear storage system keeps key items accessible and secure, and a unique roof mounted cot-tent and rear ARB awning provide sleeping and workspace shelter. Below is a list of just a few of the finer attributes of this Jeep:
– 35×12.5R17 KM2 tires on OEM wheels with 1.5 Spidertrax spacers
– GenRight 20 gallon auxiliary fuel tank
– Shrockworks front bumper with Warn PowerPlant and IPF 968 lights
– OME heavy duty springs to support the additional weight of the build
– JKS ACOS adjustable spacers, driveshafts, and upper control arms
– Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints
– ARB Awning
– Vector Offroad JK E-dock with RAM mounts for Garmin 60Csx
– ARB fridge freezer
– Front Runner 10.57 gallon upright water tank with Helton water heater and pump
– Dual Pelican cases with Caribou Cargo Quick Fasten System
For a more complete review of Ventura911’s excellent build project, visit his build thread in the ExPo forums:ARB awning is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars from 192 customer reviews on Amazon.