If you’ve been wanting a new Tacoma built for overlanding, then I have good news, your hunt is over. Up for sale today is a practically new Toyota Tacoma with what might be the ultimate combination of parts, and a build list that is almost staggering. Although the price tag might be a bit out of reach for most of us, the final product will certainly make any buyer happy. Instead of telling you all about it ourselves though, we will let the owner’s advertisement do the talking. Check it out below.
2017 (New in 2018) Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road AT. 13,000 miles and ready to head out on adventure! Has the tech package, heated seats, sunroof, JBL Audio package etc. Fully built out, I used high end components in the build and I’m very meticulous in my work.
* OME BP-51 Bypass Shocks, remote reservoir and adjustable for compression and rebound.
* Icon Upper control arms with Delta Joints (Longer life and serviceable)
* OME Dakar Medium rear springs
* FireStone Air Bags with Daystar Cradles on custom mounts (Allows flex without damaging the air bags). Fill ports routed to rear license plate.
* Tacoma Pro Grill
* Southern Style Off Road Slimline Hybrid front bumper (Custom coated in 2K bare metal primer and top coated with Raptor Liner for extreme durability). This bumper really matches the truck well and looks factory.
* Warn Zeon 10K Winch with Synthetic Rope
* Factor 55 Flat Link
* Baja Designs 30″ S8 Light Bar with amber back lighting – Amazing light output and daylight color spectrum….this baby really lights up the night!
* Nitro 4.88 gearing with REM polishing. (Makes the truck soooo much more fun to drive and gets better MPG in the process! With the double overdrive of the 3GT trucks the 4.88 gears and 33″ tires make a perfect match. 6th gear is usable now on the freeway and gear hunting is gone.
* ARB Front Air Locker (OEM E-Locker in rear). Full carrier replacement and gets rid of the problematic OEM drivers side needle bearing on the OEM Carrier.
* ARB Air Compressor on custom fabricated mount. Provides air for the front air locker and the ability to air up tires and air bags on the trail.
* Stainless Steel brake lines front and rear
* SDHQ Abs sensor guards
* 16″ AX201 Wheels with Extended lug nuts
* BFG AT KO2 285/75-R16 Tires
* Husky X-act fit floor mats front and rear
* Custom Dual Battery System.
* Off Grid Engineering Aluminum passenger side battery tray
* PelfreyBilt Stainless Steel drivers side battery tray modified to fit ML-ACR
* NorthStar Group 35 AGM Battery on the passenger side (This is the trucks starting battery)
* NorthStar Group 31M AGM Battery on the drivers side (This is the Aux battery and provides power to the lights, winch etc.
* BlueSea ML-ACR 500A battery Combiner on custom fabricated mounts (This automatically combines and separates the two batteries to keep them charged and ensure the starting battery never goes dead. You can manually force the ACR to combine for higher amp loads such as winching as well as to self jump start the truck off the Aux battery.
* Custom wiring between both batteries using 1/0 welding cable, BlueSea low profile fuses and marine grade heat shrink tubing.
* Toyota retractable bumper step (Makes getting up into the bed a breeze
* Spare tire hoist relocated to allow larger spare to fit in factory location, spare is the same wheel and tire combo as on the truck.
* RCI Sliders – Very stout sliders coated in 2K primer and top coated in Raptor Liner for extreme durability
* TPAM mount on dash – This mount is awesome and allows a perfect spot to hold your phone, navigation equipment etc. The built in BlueSea 4.8A charger keeps your accessories charged without dangling cords.
* Switch Pro SP9100 Power distribution system – System is blue tooth programmable and very customizable!
* Power Trays Aluminum mount for the Switch Pro
* SDHQ switch pro face mount, provides a clean install and looks factory!
* BlueSea ground buss and fuse panel for additional accessories and clean wiring.
* Custom wiring with heat shrink labeling for easy identification of wiring. All terminals are marine grade heat shrink units and totally sealed from the weather.
* ARB Snorkel – Keeps your intake up in clean air! Really helps to extend the life of your air filter. Unit was installed with VHB tape on the A-pillar to eliminate drilling into the cab!, easily revertible in the future by swapping fenders.
* Hypertech Speedometer calibration unit – Allows you to calibrate the speedometer so it’s accurate with the larger tires. Speedo is calibrated to GPS and very accurate.
* OrangeVirus Tune – This tune along with the 4.88 gearing really makes the Tacoma a whole new truck! Getting a good 2+ MPG better with the tune installed and still meets all factory emissions testing! Once you run the OV tune you’ll never go back to stock.
* Custom Aluminum radio knobs with extended reach, makes using the radio a lot more enjoyable!
* No cab mount chop done to this truck.
2018 Four Wheel Camper Swift Model. This is shell model with options, this keeps the camper light weight and makes an excellent combo with the Tacoma. To order this camper currently from FWC it would be a $22,000 camper with these options.
* Roll over couch makes into lower bed. Flips over into a bed in seconds, still enough room to stand with the bed rolled over.
* Propane forced air furnace. Keeps the camper toasty warm on the coldest of nights.
* Rear Steps
* Lift Struts (60lb) for solar panel weight compensation
* 180 Watt Solar Panel on custom mounting tabs – Attaches directly to the Yakima Tracks.
* BlueSky 30Amp MPPT solar charge controller with custom mounting.
* IOTA 15A onboard charger with shore power plug
* Factory ACR replaced with BlueSea ML-ACR with remote manual control switch. This allows full automatic or manual control of the ACR and camper/truck battery charging.
* Dual AGM Batteries in camper.
* Yakima Roof Tracks – ready to haul kayaks or ?
* Arctic Pack Insulation – really helps to keep the cold or heat out, great for year around use!
* Silver Spur Exterior
* Standard color interior (Makes the camper seem larger and lighter inside than the silver spur interior which is very dark)
* Fantastic powered roof Fan
* Extra roof vent over the bed
* Wired for ARB Fridge using a Powerlet connection (Far superior to a standard automotive electrical connection)
* Shadow Awning on custom stainless steel mounts. This awning is not available from Four Wheel Camper and is far superior to the Batwing 270deg awning that they provide. The Shadow awning is very robust and will stand up to high winds while offering better coverage. $1700 awning!
* Camper Jacks
* Internal Bed Mount Bars (Hidden Mounting)
* Camper has the better passenger side window with the crank out vents. This window allows you to crack open the vents even when it’s raining, FWC just changed windows on their campers and now they come with a one piece sliding window that is limiting for venting options.
Truck – $55,000
Camper – $17,500
To view the original advertisement, or make an inquiry, CLICK HERE.
Recommended books for Overlanding
by Tim Slessor
by Sam Manicom
by Aimé Tschiffely