Ext Color: Black
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
- This 4Runner has been my pride and joy for over 12 years; I love it! I’ve given it the best care I know and have tastefully modified it a bit. It still works and rides as new with no rattles or squeaks.
- Single owner, garage stored. Bulletproof reliability, zero unscheduled repairs, zero breakdowns. Relatively light use, for example, original front and rear brake rotors and rear pads lasted 128,000 miles, front pads lasted 70,000 miles.
- Sport model, V6, 236 horsepower and 266 foot-pounds
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- No sunroof, which is a plus as it provides headroom for those around 6 feet and taller.
- Transfer case: 4×4; multi-mode/full-time 4wd, with Torsen center diff—adjusts torque based on traction, up to 71 percent can be given to the front wheels, normally 53 percent rear/47 percent front (shamefully not included in the 5th gen 4Runner but for the limited)
- Power front seats, power mirrors, telescoping steering wheel, leather steering wheel, with cruise and audio controls
- Sony XAV-AX100 head unit with Apple Carplay and stock JBL stereo amp and speakers
- Modified with high-end parts, most of which are aluminum to keep the build weight low, fantastic drivability and 19 mpg+ highway.
- Maintained per the factory recommendations, plus additional maintenance to keep it performing “as new” with most wear items replaced in last year. Ready to go for a long time!
Key Mechanical Systems maintained early and often, per the manufacturer, plus additional services with verifiable records, for example:
- 91 octane gas only, mobile 1 synthetic oil in diffs and transfer cases since new
- Auto transmission fluid exchange, 65, 000, 121, 000 miles
- Power steering flush 70,000 miles, coolant flush, 70, 000, 111, 000 miles
- CV axles rebooted and fresh grease, 70,000, 115,000 miles
- OEM water pump, 111,000 miles
Suspension Refresh to new:
- Icon coil-overs and piggyback rear shocks rebuilt 5/7/18
- Total Chaos upper control arms rebuilt 8/13/18
- OEM lower control arm assemblies (bushings and ball joint) 115,000 miles
Ideal Tires, almost new:
- BFG all-terrain KO2 265/70/17 load range C (5), 12-13/32nds (15/32nds in new)
- TPMS sensors (5) 3/28/18
Brakes refresh to new:
- Front and rear brakes and fluid, OEM rotors, pads, shims and hardware 128,000 miles
New, best battery I could find:
- Odyssey 34R-PC1500T AGM battery, 4/20/18
Suspension and Tires:
- Icon 2.5-inch extended travel coil-overs
- Icon rear piggyback 2.5-inch shocks, with Icon “shin guards,” Icon Rear “Overlander” progressive springs
- Total Chaos upper control arms
- (5) BFG all-terrain KO2 265/70/17 Load Range C; 12-13/32nds (15/32nds in new)
Bumper, Winch, Sliders, Lights, Skids, and Compressor:
- Aluminum Bumper made by Aluminess, (weighs 70 pounds)
- Warn M8000-S winch, synthetic line (weighs 55 pounds)
- Rigid Dually lights
- Aluminum ASFIR skid plates (weighs 50 pounds)
- Xenon Depot H11 Xtreme HID kit, 4300K Philips bulbs (amazing performance low beams)
- Shrockworks Sliders
- ARB Compressor CKMA12 with custom 4Runner mount
Entertainment, Communication, and Electrical:
- IBS dual battery system, New Odyssey Group 34 starting battery, Sears DieHard Group 31 auxiliary in custom 4Runner mount
- Yaseau 7900 with Diamond mount and flex antenna
- Sony XAV-AX100 head unit with Apple Carplay
- ARB Refrigerator wiring to rear
- PFRAN LEDS for the interior and reverse and license plate
Storage, Roof Rack and Other:
- WeatherTech floor mats (since new)
- Custom Rear Storage floor with MacCustom tie-downs and pull-out tables
- Aluminum Rhino Rack RTS Track, foot pack and 54-inch Vortex Aero crossbars, favorite rack, so versatile 220-pound dynamic rating and comes off with a key
- ARB Drawers, RDRF950 RD950 available for +$900
- Has been to the body shop twice: (1) in February 2007 the front was hit, which resulted in a new front bumper skin, headlight, and fender. High- quality work, used OEM parts, good as new as far I’m concerned; (2) in 2013 my father in law backed my 4Runner into his boat which caused a golf ball-sized dent in the rear door aside from the window, which was fixed.
- Overall in great shape, particularly for its age. I get compliments all the time. The rear storage area does show some signs of wear.
- Interior is clean, no rust issues underneath. I will get some pictures added of the interior and underneath when I find the time.