- Scott Brady is a professional driver, writer, photographer and trainer with a passion for the outdoors. From the Sands of the Sahara to 100 mph in a SCORE truck, Scott has a love for driving. In addition, Scott can be found mountain biking, canyoneering, climbing or hiking throughout North America. Scott’s expeditions include Northern Africa (Morocco and Algeria), Copper Canyon, the Baja Peninsula and climbing treks to America’s tallest mountains.
Scott lives in Prescott, Arizona with his wife Stephanie and their 140 lb. Malamute, Yukon.
- As an expedition consultant for Expeditions West, Chris will be applying a wide range of skills to this Arctic endeavor. Research, planning, writing, photography and driving will all come into play. Always trying to learn more about the world we live in, he wants to go and see for himself what is out there. With adventures in (often warm) places such as the Sierra Madre of Mexico, the Baja Peninsula, Belize, and Thailand, Chris is ready to satisfy his Norwegian side and experience the frigid northlands. Chris lives in Prescott, Arizona with his wife Sharon.
Special Thanks To:
- Jeff McLaird– Land Rover owner and a huge help on this trip. Great advice and always willing to provide information.
Thor Johnson, Viking OffRoad– His ancestors had the cold thing figured out, and Thor was of much assistance to our team.
Matt Svoboda– Off-Road Engineer for Chrysler and major force behind the Power Wagon. They spent three weeks doing Arctic testing and he shared all he learned with us. A great help.
K.C.– Long time friend of Chris and I, and a big help on the WY/MT portion of the trip.
Pete Hartl (a.k.a. “Mountain Pete)– For providing us with equipment for the wireless equipment.
Steve O– A huge thanks to you and your wonderful wife for the hospitality in Calgary.
Expedition Portal Members– Thanks to all who contributed to our questions on Expedition Portal.
Arctic Ocean Expedition Sponsors
- Adventure Trailers– Adventure Trailers is a partner in every sense, from development and provision of the Chaser Trailer to providing advice and support equipment. Expeditions West is proud to be pulling Chaser #1 to the Arctic!
- American Racing Wheels– Chamber Teflon Coated 16 x 8 wheels.
- ARB USA– ARB has been a multi-year sponsor of Expeditions West and a major supporter of our projects. The Tacoma is equipped with ARB bull bar, ARB locking differential, snorkel and IPF lighting.
- BFGoodrich– I have over 15 years with these tires and they offer the quality, performance and sizes I need. We are running 295/75 R16 Extreme Snow Rated All-Terrains on the Tacoma for this trip.
- Deaver Spring– Deaver Spring built a custom set of springs for this trip to provide additional ride height and load capacity. Incredible customer service.
- Donahoe Racing (now Icon Vehicle Dynamics)– Custom valved coil-overs with extreme environment coatings. Quality and performance.
- Extreme Outback– Extreme Outback provided an ExtremeAire Magnum and deflators.
- Eezi-Awn– New series three 1200mm roof tent. The highest quality roof tents available.
- Hi-Lift– Hi-Lift provided their Extreme Jack the X-Treme, a 48″ zinc coated unit for maximum corrosion resistance and reliability in severe weather.
- Morphic Industries– Machined billet aluminum light bar. A work of art! The mount for four IPF 9000 spots.
- RAM Mounts– Laptop and electronics mounts for high vibration applications. Laptop mount for the Tacoma, supporting our Toshiba semi-rugged and Gateway Tablet.
- Sirius Satellite Radio– Sirius provided new radios for the expedition and support vehicles.
- Thule– Storage solutions, equipment racks and tire chains for the expedition.
- Viking Offroad– Great supporters of Expeditions West and dedicated adventurers. Thor provided valuable advice on Arctic travel and provided recovery equipment for the Tacoma.
Expeditions like the Arctic Ocean Adventure are impossible without the financial, equipment and technical support of great companies and partners. These companies make some of the highest quality equipment available, with performance we can rely on in extreme conditions.
And a special thanks to all of our sponsors that have provided equipment and support throughout our Tacoma build and other expeditions and adventures.