1997 FJZ 80, F&R Locked Expedition Vehicle

peepers

Observer
I should have updated this along time ago, just forgot to but I still get PMs about it.

THIS TRUCK IS SOLD

shapeimage_2.jpg

Hi,

I can't blame you guys and gals for being skeptical of me posting this truck with such a low post count. The truth is, I only have time for one forum in my life and so far that has been ih8mud which I am sure some of you are familiar with. I have spent roughly 2 years building up this truck only to realize I have yet to go on one, single "expedition". I just don't see it in my future. So, I am going to sell her... Get a Toyota Highlander and a dirtbike and be done with it... for now :roost:

I can take as many pictures as you would like. I am hiding nothing. Feel free to have your local cruiser head come and check it out. My phone number is 617 314 1231 and the name is Peter. Feel free to call.
For sale now that the job situation has stabilized

Truck: 1997[/COLOR] Toyota Landcruiser
Mileage: 115,000-ish

This truck is a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ 80 with factory front and rear locking differentials. The standard package on the 1997 FZJ 80 Landcruiser includes ABS brakes, tinted glass, intermittent wipers front and rear, cruiser control, power windows/locks, auto off headlamps & rear defrost.

The options that are included on this truck are: leather seating, power titl/sliding moonroof, aluminum wheels, front/rear locking differentials, VIP security system and lastly, floor mats.

All of the parts & maintenance that are listed below have been completed in the last year or less. The cooling, brake and air conditioning work was all completed in April.

As you can see, there were no shortcuts taken and no expense spared when building up this truck as a very competent expedition and wheeling truck. The body is straight as an arrow and there is no rust.

It has been offroad only a handful of times.

I am looking to sell the truck outright or trade for a FJ Cruiser, Highlander or 2003+ 100 series. Cash can be exchanged either way, I am open to options. I am not looking for something on anything over 33's.

To sell outright, $17,500 firm. Anything under that and it's not worth me selling it.

Cooling System:
  • OEM 3 core Radiator
  • OEM (All) heater hoses
  • OEM Fanclutch
  • OEM T-stat
  • PHH install complete
  • Toyota red coolant

Steering:
  • OEM Tie rod ends
  • OEM tie rod
  • OEM drag link ends
  • Slee HD drag link
  • OEM steering box

Brakes:
  • OEM ABS actuator
  • OEM ABS sensors (all 4)
  • OEM ABS front wiring harness
  • OEM ABS rear wiring harness (d-side)
  • OEM 100 series front brake pads
  • OEM rear pads
  • Slee extended SS brake lines from the frame to the axle AND from the axle to the caliper (complete kits)
  • DBA slotted rotors in the front
  • OEM rear rotors
  • Adjusted rear LSPV (for lift)

Air Conditioning:
  • OEM A/Compressor with clutch
  • OEM A/C condensor
  • OEM A/C dryer

Suspension:
  • Slee 4" lift
  • Old Man Emu long travel shocks
  • Old Man Emu steering stabilizer
  • Slee HD drag ling
  • Slee castor correction plates (welded)
  • Slee font pandhard adjustable
  • Slee rear panhard adgustable
  • Slee front and rear swat bar drop kits
  • Slee 2" drop bumpstops in the rear

Axles & Differentials:
  • Precision 4:88 gears installed professionally
  • Complete front axle rebuild at the time w/ all OEM bearings and seals
  • Rear axle rebuild at the same time with all OEM parts
  • Mobile 1 syn. in the diffs.
  • Transmission flush by dealer
  • OEM Center diff lock switch installed

Electrical & Lighting:
  • HIR high and low beam bulbs installed
  • Lightforce 240s with clear and yellow covers
  • Slee headlight harness
  • Slee aux. light harness
  • OEM interior aux. light swtich
  • Hella interior map/reading light
  • Hell Roaring dual battery system
  • Optima Yellow top primary battery (as recommended by Hellroaring)
  • Optima Red top secondary battery (as recommended by Hellroaring)
Bumpers, Armor & Tire Carrier:
  • ARB front bumper (winch ready)
  • Slee A/C dryer skid plate
  • IPOR (Iron Pig Offroad) rear bumper with tire carrier
  • IPOR skid plate

Tires & Wheels:
  • Toyo MTs (35's) on grey powder coated OEM alloy wheels (1 matching Toyo MT on stock spare)

Misc:
  • Scangauge II
  • Fuel pump and associated parts inc. sock.
  • Alpine CD plater with MP3 player, ipod hook up and Sirius sat. radio
  • Entire floor of the truck, front to back got Dynamat Extreme covering
  • Rear roll cage which serves as a great tie down spot and a barrier for the dog
  • Outback systems rear drawer
  • Aftermarket speakers front and rear with a decent amplifier
  • OEM cup holder
  • Custom sliders
  • Custom exhaust, tucked up and away
  • Extended diff breathers all the way up into the top of the engine bay
  • Vintage Toyota badging

More pics here: 1997 FZJ80 for Sale

PS - I removed the separate set of wheels and tired and inlcuded the o.b.o. That is the difference you will see if you go to mud. I can also sell the drawer separately to cut the cost.

Last edited:

peepers

Observer
olympiccop2002 said:
Good luck with the sale. I love that color!

Bjorn

thanks! i will miss it for sure but i know its the right move. it will make someone very happy one of these days....

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Hey Peepers, good to see you over here. Good luck with the sale. It's a different vibe (In a great way) over here for sure.

peepers

Observer
thanks for the complements folks. please pass the word to anyone you know that might be looking for such a vehicle. it pains me to have it sitting in the driveway.

DBS311

Adventurer
Man, what's up with all the 80's getting sold recently?

To give Peepers some cred, I have watched the build over on Mud and a lot of time and attention went into this ride. I'd love to buy it, but then what point would my 62 serve?

Good luck with the sale!

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Peepers -
Every time I see your truck I wonder what could have been if we had found each other sooner...don't tell my cruiser I said that though!

Sold my Tacoma to a happy customer, I hope you find yours.
-cayce

JCP

Location? Sorry if is in the post and I missed it. I'll forward this link to a buddy that may be looking for an 80.

peepers

Observer
headed on vacation for 2 weeks. be back by 10/15... will answer questions and reply to PMs then.

thanks!

peepers

Observer
back from vacation. photo gallery getting posted later today or tomorrow then its going on Craigslist too

peepers

Observer
new cat, new o2 sensors... air/fuel test done and it is in tip top shape! over $700 and all yours for the taking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger