ZULANDR - 1994 Isuzu Trooper - Louisiana

reran

ARB/OME components are top notch, installation is straightforward and the improvement in the ride and handling is usually phenomenal. This will be my third go round with OME suspension kits and I’ve yet to be disappointed.

LazarusLost

Where'd you get the ladder? I love it! Excited to see the suspension rebuild, OME springs are next for my 99' Trooper.

NC-Trooper

Team Holland Overland
love this build! i had a 1999 that I had to part with. She was a great truck and I still see her on the trails every once in a while. I hate I sold it!
prgmPZ0.jpg

p3NwfZT.jpg

Definitely subscribed

Gumbeaux

Hey guys -

Good news and bad news. I needed funds to relaunch my business manufacturing parts for older sports cars - so I ended up having an offer I could not turn down on the Trooper in September of 2017.
I did not install the OME suspension - i sold all the parts to a fellow in California.

33's (or 285/75/16's) did fit without a lift - except that I rubbed at full steering lock. Now, remember - the 92-94 trucks had the "midtrack" setup, and the wheels are spaced wider out in the 95 up trucks so I don't know how that would work.

The ladder was made by a guy in Iceland - he is on the Isuzu groups and his name is Craig Knight. I am not sure if he is still making them.

I have the Heise LED's and the sPOD for sale now as I did not get to use them.

I will buy another one of these early 2nd gen 5 speed Troopers. I absolutely loved it! The only thing is I probably would not retain the 3.2 - it simply is not powerful enough to handle interstate travel in 21st century America. I drove it from Louisiana, to Washington state, and BACK to Louisiana to deliver it to its new owner. It was a serious struggle, and frankly I was insane for even trying to use interstates in and west of the Rockies. One point in Montana i was stuck doing 55mph and praying I did not get rear-ended by traffic. LOL

I wanted to post because I hate reading build threads where updates stop coming in, and I realized I had let that happen to my own build thread. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online