WTS WTT: CVT Mt Mckinley Stargazer RTT w/annex

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Just curious why your wanting to change tents? It looks like the one you have is better for inclement weather. I'm about to order a Mt rainier. Now I'm re thinking the order

yngbuck19

Adventurer
It's all personal opinion really and I'm a perfectionist that over thinks everything and every situation and change my mind eventually if I think about it long enough.

Not all inclement weather is the same in all regions. You have to find what design works for the weather events you'll typically see as well as the worst case. You have to think about different climate and seasons you're camping in also.

The main factors im switching tents is how well the tent works with the vehicle it's mounted to and if you will take full advantage of every available feature the tent has to offer or if any of the features don't work to an advantage or get in the way of the functionality of the vehicle.

That's why I'm making changes. Thanks for your question I hope my answer doesn't hinder you from getting exactly the tent you want.

It's taken me at least two tries now.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep it in mind. I'm just starting out and a rtt was one way to get her to go camping

yngbuck19

Adventurer
Yes being off the ground and the easy 5-10 minute setup time (rain or shine) are a luxury for sure that will make any girl want to go camping.

CGCruiserDude

Looks like you are looking to downsize. If by chance your sale falls through and you'd consider trading plus some cash for a Mt. Rainer let me know. I'd like to go bigger now that my tent is on a trailer. Tent is in great condition with annex and I'm in Southern MD just a few hours away. Thanks.

yngbuck19

Adventurer
Looks like you are looking to downsize. If by chance your sale falls through and you'd consider trading plus some cash for a Mt. Rainer let me know. I'd like to go bigger now that my tent is on a trailer. Tent is in great condition with annex and I'm in Southern MD just a few hours away. Thanks.

Thanks CGCruiserDude but the CVT Mt. Rainier isn't what I'm looking for sorry.

Below are my thoughts on what my next tent might look like.

I'm not really down sizing I'm just wanting a tent like a CVT Mt Adams tent that doesn't have the 3' extension over the ladders
15b0afce3f628ec460980f1b53b1dc9b.jpg
Another possibility could be an Eezi awn trailer tent like the Globe trotter
14a85c9f79832d50b9aaf220e5b52074.jpg

or the new Globe Tracker
0e6f1e07be513a769b107ef9fd8a061c.jpg

I'm sort of torn between those two and the Mt. Adams

If Eezi awn made a jazz style tent in a 1800mm or 2200mm I would be sold on that one also.
26c6d6f9b5dec842ee4a2902c087982b.jpg

ARB already makes the jazz style tent but it's called the Kakadu
df756232859a29f7ee457054d1a51cb6.jpg

It just needs to be wider than 55" or 1400mm I'd be sold on that one too because of the bigger side windows for ventilation because when and where I usually camp it's hot and humid/muggy out and there's a good chance for a thunder squall to blow through in the afternoons.

I wish I could custom order one of the Jazz or the Kakadu in a 1800mm or 2200mm wide tent. Or get the Globe tracker. Haven't made my mind up yet.

thedaddybadger

SE Expedition Society
@yngbuck19: hope you and the gf enjoyed expo. I hate that the weather and event-related issues got in the way of our deal. Sorry I couldn't stick around until the end. Didn't realize you'd be using the tent either.

To all others: I personally inspected this tent. Its immaculate. As good as brand new. It should be on my truck right now, as I was there to buy it yesterday with cash in my pocket but one issue after another made it almost impossible. I blame Overland Expo and Joaquin for that, not the seller.

Extremely good tent for a lucky buyer.

2000 Land Rover D2
Daily Driver & Weekend Warrior
http://about.me/danwboles

Member of Georgia Land Rovers Club #GaLRC, SoLaRoS, North Georgia Daily Driver Offroad Club #NGDDORC, and Peach State Overland.

yngbuck19

Adventurer
Bump.... Reduced price to $1800. I would like to move this tent soon. I can include CVT 99 inch awning and screen room with matching brown travel cover
for $2200 package deal.

2b9958a7553c0c321749d62facea5410.jpg

7f8507e3c7e6f425c41ca1d91d441b74.jpg

86d97158b6804854480b5102d2ad6a42.jpg

EMTacoma

Do you have any interest in selling the trailer as well? I'm interested in the tent, but fairly sure it won't fit on my Tacoma DCSB with cap.

yngbuck19

Adventurer
Do you have any interest in selling the trailer as well? I'm interested in the tent, but fairly sure it won't fit on my Tacoma DCSB with cap.
I thought about that as I was updating this forsale ad for the tent last night. I would need to open a new thread if I did decide to sell the trailer and tent as a whole in the expedition vehicles FS section. And I don't quite have a figure yet for the trailer and everything on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior