Winter is on it's way.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
You only get to play in it 4 or 5 months of the year. April is a nice change from winter, but muddy. October and November are just muddy. 41 feet makes for good skiing but also a lot of shoveling. I paid a group of guys $300+ dollars to shovel my roof because i could not afford to fall off it and couldn't afford having the roof collapse. Photos from today at the park
I see what you mean, What about putting a heater in the Loft space when the Snow builds up, Would that not have any effect on melting some if not all of it ?

Photobug

I see what you mean, What about putting a heater in the Loft space when the Snow builds up, Would that not have any effect on melting some if not all of it ?
That would make it worse, you need to have a "cold roof" is snow country. You still have to worry about ice dams which will cause your roof to leak. I ran out of time this winter to get my new roof on. With 20+ years old shingle roof, it time for a new one.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing unless you ski then an expensive winter is made up by a good ski season. My backyard changed from the earlier photo taken mid-day20191020_173641.jpg after the previous night's snow to this in 5 minutes.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
That would make it worse, you need to have a "cold roof" is snow country. You still have to worry about ice dams which will cause your roof to leak. I ran out of time this winter to get my new roof on. With 20+ years old shingle roof, it time for a new one.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing unless you ski then an expensive winter is made up by a good ski season. My backyard changed from the earlier photo taken mid-dayView attachment 545840 after the previous night's snow to this in 5 minutes.
That's a lot for 5 minutes, that's about 6 to 8" an hour, :eek:

I see someone throwing a 1/4" steel cable over their roof and having 2 people walk the cable towards the end to make the Snow slide off the Roof, It didn't take it all off but it removed about 95% of it,

Lets hope you don't get too much this Winter Ay,

Photobug

That's a lot for 5 minutes, that's about 6 to 8" an hour, :eek:

I see someone throwing a 1/4" steel cable over their roof and having 2 people walk the cable towards the end to make the Snow slide off the Roof, It didn't take it all off but it removed about 95% of it,

Lets hope you don't get too much this Winter Ay,
It was just a quick flurry then stopped.

I am committed to ski as much as possible this winter. I hope it snows, even more, this winter. Here is a photo of the post office after they shoveled the roof.20190309_124045.jpg

billiebob

Minus 80*f in Yellowknife, I can't imagine what that feels like, Did you go out in that ? How do you keep warm ?
It is incredibly dry and still, 0F at the coast feels colder.
Lots of down.

And booties.
can we please go out_2 (1).jpg

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I just got out all my ECWCS gear to see if it still fitted, Most of it has never been worn 5 Layers Later I was bigger than the Michelin Man, and I never put on the long johns, My Parka is rated down to -70*c and below, with all the other gear I would be good to Go if it went below that even, Trouble is I ended up at leased a Foot wider, Lol.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well I did some searches on what type of winter they are predicting for 2019/20 and they reckon that it is going to be the winter of the decade as in like the winter of 2009/10 which I sort of guessed it might be because of the early frosts and the fact that it has tried to Snow twice this past month, I hope so, fingers crossed.