Winnebago EKKO

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I agree about the quality and ground clearance, but I don't see many Class A's with this much storage. And, FWIW the Cross Trail "Extreme" does have a 2" lift.

What's the point of a 2" lift and AWD if you still can't go even on a mild gravel road? Even the Skihill we are going to needs more ground clearance. Oh wait, you can't take this to the Skihill because it's not made for cold climates with tanks etc mounted outside LOL .
I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes because it has an AWD sticker and is cheap.

Steve_382

OK, you guys win. Let me know when I can get one of these new cold weather, high ground clearance units, with that much storage space, etc. for even twice the money and I will be all over it. From what I hear, it's still a waiting game of about a year and I don't see anything at any price (except custom GXV Patagonia for $700K) with that much inside storage space, and this Cross Trail is only 24' long.

jkam

nomadic man
For what they want for the Ekko, I'd get a brand new Lazy Daze built on a Ford E450 chassis.
That would be about $110,000. Then have UJoint put in a 4wd, say another $30k.
Then still have at least a few grand to put the final touches on it.
It would have more capacity, fresh water and be much more livable, if you wanted to full time.

Jonnyo

Observer
i think both the ekko and cross trail are legitimate unit. i been camping into forest services road in bc for past few years and both of those units would have made it anywhere i been. and i m definitly in the 1% of camping population in the place i camp. Personally, i think the Ekko just look amazing... it as a great look and to me, that is important when you spend that much money. and both ekko and cross trail should sell at the dealership for around 20-25% off from the msrp. in motorhome industrie...nothign sell for msrp so the full price is misguiding. Anyway, happy to see more of those option and the total composite diy unit or aeonrv option. we need more of those!

gdaut

True enough, Waveslider. Although, there are probably places the Ekko will fit that your rig - as awesome as it is - would not. It's all about tradeoffs.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
In the end weight sinks all of these heavy piggies. Even the big pickups with decent tires and a cab over camper learn real fast that they sink like the Titanic and stick to dry solid road.
Once you hit $120,000 or more I can think of lots of toys that don’t loose value as fast as a Camper thing that are quite good at what they were designed for. Unlike these heavy, big $ campers.

billiebob

In the end weight sinks all of these heavy piggies. Even the big pickups with decent tires and a cab over camper learn real fast that they sink like the Titanic and stick to dry solid road.
Once you hit $120,000 or more I can think of lots of toys that don’t loose value as fast as a Camper thing that are quite good at what they were designed for. Unlike these heavy, big $ campers.
Yep, even my TJR is often almost too heavy at 4200#.... Most of the pickup based off roaders are fairly capable thanks to floatation tires. But yes, ALL these $100K plus Winnibegos are pigs wallowing on anything less tarmac or ice roads. I have yet to see any of them go anywhere remote, they live in campgrounds with full services. The AWD is only needed to get to the ski lift parking lot on a snow day.

Steve_382

Different vehicles for different people. No need to trash something if they like it and it works for them. I would rather have something like this that I could put my bikes inside and have a nice place to sleep, etc. Use the mountain bikes to explore the trails instead of bumping and bouncing along in a vehicle. Better exercise also.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Different vehicles for different people. No need to trash something if they like it and it works for them. I would rather have something like this that I could put my bikes inside and have a nice place to sleep, etc. Use the mountain bikes to explore the trails instead of bumping and bouncing along in a vehicle. Better exercise also.
BIngo

Should send people messages when you move pictures so they can be a part of the fun :)

here's the deal yall.
Ekko is, without a doubt, the best bang for the buck for a trailhead vehicle or even ski rig.

You arent going wheeling
You arent rock crawling
You arent going where your tacoma goes

but you ARE
Staying warm
Traveling in comfort
Spending much less than anything else in the category
Hauling a lot of gear to do fun things
Flat Towing a ford Raptor Behind it
Going to cool places on moderate trails
And more

Stop looking at the way YOU use your offroad rig, and get a bigger picture. This thing can still get to awesome camp spots that any other van can. I wouldn't hesitate to take this thing to the same spot we did in our transit
Untitled by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

DSCF7948 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

Merry Christmas Yall. It's our Rig. Have any questions? let me know :)

Last edited:

Momodolo

BIngo

Should send people messages when you move pictures so they can be a part of the fun :)

here's the deal yall.
Ekko is, without a doubt, the best bang for the buck for a trailhead vehicle or even ski rig.

You arent going wheeling
You arent rock crawling
You arent going where your tacoma goes

but you ARE
Staying warm
Traveling in comfort
Spending much less than anything else in the category
Hauling a lot of gear to do fun things
Flat Towing a ford Raptor Behind it
Going to cool places on moderate trails
And more

Stop looking at the way YOU use your offroad rig, and get a bigger picture. This thing can still get to awesome camp spots that any other van can. I wouldn't hesitate to take this thing to the same spot we did in our transit
Untitled by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

DSCF7948 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

Merry Christmas Yall. It's our Rig. Have any questions? let me know :)

Very well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior