Winch mounting question.

180out

i have a 12k winch and buckstop bumper on my 01 F250. installed it in 01. lots of money. looks real cool. NEVER used it once for my self. only to rescue "friends" and strangers. not really worth the money looking back. it's like owning a small trailer and a dolly, everybody's your friend when there moving!

180out

If its only for self recovery the rear might be the best place. not to often you need to pull your self farther into trouble. i guess for the " i almost made it" spots.

PSea

my winch is hitch mounted for a few reasons. first, it's my DD. i dont need the extra 70lbs on my front end if just driving around town. second, i can operate it from either bumper. really like the setup.

180out

my winch is hitch mounted for a few reasons. first, it's my DD. i dont need the extra 70lbs on my front end if just driving around town. second, i can operate it from either bumper. really like the setup.
thats how are snow cat is set up. works great and has quick connects for the power so real fast to move. now this vehicle i have self recovered many times!

Attachments

• stuck cat 1.jpg
    stuck cat 1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online