Why don't we see more Ford Ranger builds

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
AE384AAE-1526-4396-BDEC-2538613E6AAD.jpeg
I'd recommend the Roadmaster active suspension over the sumos on this truck. I’ve had the sumos and timbrens before but I think they’re too stiff for this truck.
The 5100’s are good though.

I absolutely love mine. Zero regrets and I intend to keep it for a while.

View attachment 718504View attachment 718503
View attachment 718505
I have to say Interfj, that your posts containing photos of your ranger were a large motivator for me to test drive a ranger. That test drive sealed the deal and I love the ranger that I now have. I'll be heading to the mountains tomorrow in it.

I wish more people would test drive one and see what they're capable of overseas and in foreign markets and see what backbone is beneath the name.

stevo_pct

Anyone know what kind of gas mileage Rangers are getting towing an "off road" type trailer? Let's say something in the 2000-3000# range.

Roam.Wild

We love ours, coming from a built 3rd gen runner, this thing has power for daysssss.

Attachments

• 240DE2D3-8DBD-40C8-B854-FAB2D930D604.jpeg
    240DE2D3-8DBD-40C8-B854-FAB2D930D604.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2837.jpg
    IMG_2837.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_E2511.JPG
    IMG_E2511.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 72

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Anyone know what kind of gas mileage Rangers are getting towing an "off road" type trailer? Let's say something in the 2000-3000# range.
I get about 14-15 towing a 16 scamp trailer that weighs about 3k. That’s at about 62-65mph.
I only get about 20mpg unloaded at 70mph.
I’m not sure if an off road trailer would be better or worse.

Patrollife

Explorer
I have to say Interfj, that your posts containing photos of your ranger were a large motivator for me to test drive a ranger. That test drive sealed the deal and I love the ranger that I now have. I'll be heading to the mountains tomorrow in it.

I wish more people would test drive one and see what they're capable of overseas and in foreign markets and see what backbone is beneath the name.
That's awesome to hear! I hope the trip into the mountains was a great one! And totally agree about your comment in terms of capability and the overseas market.

jgallo1

Adventurer
As I was walking around the Ford dealer the other day biding my time before paying the Diesel tax for my F250 to get fluids drained, an oil change, and filters, I started looking at the new / slightly used trucks. The truck that I found the most interesting was the Ranger. I will admit, I love Toyota's especially the 80's/90's. I spend most of my time reading and looking at those. My f250 is solely a work vehicle. I do not pay too much attention to the new iterations of trucks.

Back to the point. 2022 Ranger xlt, ext cab, 6ft bed fx4 package (locker and skids) 7'500 lbs towing, 1696 lbs payload, and it comes with steelies. That's pretty awesome. I was wondering how this compares to the F150. F150 same year and spec, 8,200lbs towing / 1880 lbs payload. This was mind-boggling to me. That little ranger seems like one amazing little truck. It's very close to an f150 in capacity and would be way better offroad due to its size.
I started thinking ARB bumper, flatbed, removable camper, and suspension. This is the USA's version of proper UTE.
Makes me want to sell my F250

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
As I was walking around the Ford dealer the other day biding my time before paying the Diesel tax for my F250 to get fluids drained, an oil change, and filters, I started looking at the new / slightly used trucks. The truck that I found the most interesting was the Ranger. I will admit, I love Toyota's especially the 80's/90's. I spend most of my time reading and looking at those. My f250 is solely a work vehicle. I do not pay too much attention to the new iterations of trucks.

Back to the point. 2022 Ranger xlt, ext cab, 6ft bed fx4 package (locker and skids) 7'500 lbs towing, 1696 lbs payload, and it comes with steelies. That's pretty awesome. I was wondering how this compares to the F150. F150 same year and spec, 8,200lbs towing / 1880 lbs payload. This was mind-boggling to me. That little ranger seems like one amazing little truck. It's very close to an f150 in capacity and would be way better offroad due to its size.
I started thinking ARB bumper, flatbed, removable camper, and suspension. This is the USA's version of proper UTE.
I love the ARB bumper up front but my two issues are how high it sits on the grill of the truck / the bull bar supports would block my LP4s that I mounted in my grill, then I don’t know how it would look with the wide fenders and valence up front. Probably would have to modify it quite a bit to look right on mine. I’ve been wanting to make a bull bar for my Coastal Off-road bumper but I haven’t been able to draw a design up that looks good to me. I want to make the vertical supports angled like the sides of the grill.

I’ve been chipping away at cutting out new material for a beefier mud guards for the tray while I wait for my snorkel material to show up.

ThundahBeagle

I read somewhere that the newest iterations of these midsize trucks are dang near size and capacity of 1990's full size trucks.

the sloped down front noses aside, just looking at the boxes being high in the air as a dog in "play" stance (had to keep it Mod-friendly). My 14 GMC Sierra is rated for 9000 something pounds towing and 1700 in the box. So yeah. Similar.

Just, please, for the love of all that is holy, can't we have a 4-banger and stick shift again?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I read somewhere that the newest iterations of these midsize trucks are dang near size and capacity of 1990's full size trucks.

the sloped down front noses aside, just looking at the boxes being high in the air as a dog in "play" stance (had to keep it Mod-friendly). My 14 GMC Sierra is rated for 9000 something pounds towing and 1700 in the box. So yeah. Similar.

Just, please, for the love of all that is holy, can't we have a 4-banger and stick shift again?
Well the 4 bangers now have too much power so parts start to scatter if you dump the clutch..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94