Why are Sequoia's not included?

GTV

I'm pretty sure the Toyota marketing department would agree that the economy probably affected the drop in sales, as well.

Ohh for sure, but the economy has improved since then, sales numbers have not. I'm sure Toyota would have been left in the dust by Nissan, etc. if they didn't go big, having the smallest full size truck isn't a big selling point in the good ol' US of A.

bkg

Explorer
Ohh for sure, but the economy has improved since then, sales numbers have not. I'm sure Toyota would have been left in the dust by Nissan, etc. if they didn't go big, having the smallest full size truck isn't a big selling point in the good ol' US of A.

Why buy a "new" SUV that is essentially unchanged in the last 8 years? Heck, the new Sequoia doesn't even have the upgraded dash/interior of the tundra yet... It's basically the same vehicle as the 08.

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
I doubt anyone will be complaining about the omission of the Camry, Corolla, etc.

But adding the Tundra and Sequoia seems (to me) to be a reasonable request. Hell, I've taken more time writing this post than it would take to edit the HTML to add them.

Or we could regress a bit and simply be "Toyota" so noone feels left out :) Similar to how Jeep, Nissan, and other subforums are labeled. They don't get the privilege of cherokee, grand cherokee, wrangler, etc. or titan, frontier, xterra, armada, pathfinder, etc.

Dalko43

Explorer
Being lumped in with the domestics? I just puked a little :drool:

The company itself may be Japanese but the Tundra/Sequoia platform is not only made in America, but is pretty much unique to the North American market, just like the Tacoma. So in that sense, I'd consider it more of a domestic versus say a Toyota LandCruiser or a Land Rover Defender.

Clutch

<---Pass
This was on the Total Chaos FB page.

13906661_1318496798190865_1772766157845560305_n.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Why buy a "new" SUV that is essentially unchanged in the last 8 years? Heck, the new Sequoia doesn't even have the upgraded dash/interior of the tundra yet... It's basically the same vehicle as the 08.
Precisely why I still have my 06. Oh and the 2nd gen got too wide. Can hardly fit my 1st gen in the city parking lots. The good news is the new 2020 Ford Explorer is nearly identical in size. Granted it’s a soft awd rig not a 4x4 like the Sequoia. But I’m only replacing the Sequoia with a plugin hybrid. EV kid hauling around town and great cross county mileage on trips. Granted anything beyond graded dirt will be out. But 10 yrs with the Sequoia everywhere it’s been has been doable in a decent awd rig with quality tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior