who is registered and payed for???

kbeefy

Adventurer
I signed up on August 7th and paid August 27th after not getting any response on this thread, but I haven't recieved any entry packet. Am I missing anything?

aka rover

Adventurer
I signed up on August 7th and paid August 27th after not getting any response on this thread, but I haven't recieved any entry packet. Am I missing anything?

I paid long before you and have not recieved anything myself?

WE WANT STICKERS

stickers makes everything better:sombrero:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I paid long before you and have not recieved anything myself?

WE WANT STICKERS

stickers makes everything better:sombrero:

it's normal - we haven't sent anything yet. I needed to wait to have a better idea of the number of participants as we need to get the numbering and large door stickers done based on that number. Expect more actions in the upcoming weeks.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Wondering if there are any slots still open? And weather I should drive the Yota or the landy.

yes but we are getting close to be full....We will most likely top it at 25 vehicles for this year.

I will work with Wes to get the team list published on the site very soon.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I just looked at the registration list on EventBrite and it looks like we have 20 teams officially registered, not counting the ones I know have not yet signed up (like myself, Jorge/Marcos/Mark/Suna/etc...)

I will contact everyone one by one to confirm that every team is still on board.

If that's the case, it looks like we will need to up the number of vehicles a bit...as we would already be full!!!

This is going to be quite an adventure! Hurry up if you are on the fence abount joining!

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Great news! I have heard back from most teams and so far pretty much everyone is still in and super excited about the rally!
So we are close to having 25 teams already – the most popular type of vehicle being used is 4x4s so we'll make sure to include some fun offroad challenges.

I hate to think that I may have to refuse registration(s) but I really need to have a final count soon because I need to start ordering plates/numbers and make final camping/logistics/party arrangements.

I think it's already pretty awesome to have 25 teams committed to drive in Mexico (and even beyond in some cases!) for the End of the World and willing to take a chance on the very first edition of this crazy adventure!
Who knows what this may turn into over the next years...

So if you think you may be interested in joining, please register asap - we will officially have 30 spots available with a few ones reserved for last minute registration.

aka rover

Adventurer
Wow this is great to here that things are working out so well for this event.

I have room on my door for the decal:sombrero: how big are they going to be?

Im pretty jazzed there are going to be some offroad type exercises for the old 67 109 to wander about in.

Cheers Ed

aka rover

Adventurer
Ok I think ill check in

Vehical 1967 Land Rover 109 Mercedes Turbo diesel conversion
Driver Ed Angel age 40
Navigator Kathryn Stone 41 :)
Registerd yes
paid for yes
Home base Alaska

Carrying lots of Rover parts :Wow1: and willing to help anyone to get to the end of this event:sombrero:

002.jpg

Last edited:

kbeefy

Adventurer
Team #15 (Shapiro's)... Rally Fighter(s)? AWE-SOME!! I've been watching their FB page for over a year, those things are sweet!! Can't wait to check yours out.

Guess I should check in.
Looks like we're team #23
Team Name? Donkey
Vehicle: 1986 VW Syncro w/ subbie engine
Driver/Navigator: Ken Bethe (40)
Co-Driver/bringer of food: Cara Bethe (41)
Registered and Paid: Yes
Home: Alaska or Hawaii, hard to tell anymore

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

technichen

Observer
My Rally FJ

IMG_3743.jpg

Well here it is in its current state.
From now till December she will be getting a bunch of new gadgets and hardware :)
Oh and she'll get some new colors :)
I'll keep you posted :)

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I made the updates to the participants list.

Ed, would you be able to send a picture of your Land Rover?
Detslider - right now you would be the only one in the 2wd class but I think we will get at least another vehicle. Not sure also where the Rally Fighter fits...

Remember this is not going to be a race - I mean by that speed is not an element of the rally per say.

We are putting together a really fun scavenger hunt that will take you on many locations between Guanajuato and Bacalar, from the mountains to the beach. The distance to cover in 9 days is about 1600-1800 miles, so about 200 miles a day depending which route you decide to take and how many locations you want to hit from the list.

Since this is the very first time we are putting this event together, I am sure we will have many surprises and adjustments along the way - but no matter what it's going to be a lot of fun.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Since I am missing out.....

It is cool to see the teams come together and all that jazz. I will be watching from my armchair.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Since I am missing out.....

It is cool to see the teams come together and all that jazz. I will be watching from my armchair.

Ian

I am still keeping you in mind if I hear of an empty seat for an additional driver - or to drive a car back...you never know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles