Which propane camping fire

hemifoot

Observer
i just stumbled across this thread and it reminded me that i have to blow out the line in my outland fire bowl.we went down so many forest service roads the rocks that came with it turned to dust and clogged the burner and the venturi really bad. we had a complete province wide campfire ban for most of the summer so this came in really handy this year.

Roger M.

Adventurer
.... we had a complete province wide campfire ban for most of the summer so this came in really handy this year.

Summer long campfire bans in B.C. seem to have become a permanent feature over the past few years, in that it's no longer "maybe" there'll be a campfire ban, but rather it's a given that there will definitely be a ban each and every summer.

I use a Big Red with the fitted grill top ,and it see's a lot of use as a result of the fire ban - But gotta' have that camp fire.
(the only drag is having to carry, and ration the extra propane if you're out for more than a few days at a time).

With what appear to be longer, hotter summers everywhere in North America these days, widespread campfire bans seem to be far more common these days almost everywhere there's camping (and brush or trees).
I can see propane campfires becoming far more common down the road. Already when my local dealer gets a dozen or so Big (and little) Reds in stock, they seem to vanish again within a couple of days.

hemifoot

Observer
very true.we use ours more for ambiance during the summer,it's the spring and fall fishing where you need a big *ss campfire.

huachuca

Adventurer
Heading out to Smokemont in GSM NP tomorrow AM for a few days. Given the forecast, I expect our Campfire in a Can will see a fair amount of use.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Old thread, but does anyone know how to contact the owner of Quickfire ? I can't find ANY contact information on the site. I would like to buy one, but a six-foot hose isn't going to do it for me. I need appr. 15 feet of hose. Almost that time of year again!

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Maybe try reaching out to one of the contacts on his dealer page or just have another hose made. I had one made for a stove, can't remember by who. I'd found them online. That being said, that's a ways for the gas to travel, I remember hearing you don't want a long run like that...something about the pressure drop. But don't take my word for it, you'd have to check with the professionals on that matter:)

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Old thread, but does anyone know how to contact the owner of Quickfire ? I can't find ANY contact information on the site. I would like to buy one, but a six-foot hose isn't going to do it for me. I need appr. 15 feet of hose. Almost that time of year again!
Email: mike@quikfire.com

You can have any propane supplier make you any length custom hose you want. I love my Quikfire...no frills and reliable.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Thanks for the info guys. My propane tank is attached to my rear gate, and if I want to get the fire out from under the awning (without detaching the propane tank) then I'll need a hose of at least 12 feet. 15 would be better.

I thought it best to ask if I can get the hose length I want when ordering. If I can't, then I'll have something made up.

Thanks again.

Cayuse

Observer
Mike at quikfire was pretty responsive, also sales@quikfire.com was an address I had used. Also spoke with him a few times on the phone when I first got mine, great product except when the wind is blowing.

tstar

Mike at quikfire was pretty responsive, also sales@quikfire.com was an address I had used. Also spoke with him a few times on the phone when I first got mine, great product except when the wind is blowing.
Both sales@quikfire.com and mike@quikfire.com bounce now but the website is still taking orders. If you have the phone number still would you share it via PM? I would rather not start a PayPal dispute if he is just having technical issues.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
We've been using the Little Red Campfire for a couple years -

Did you just wake up this morning and decide to search for every post relating to campfires so you could post a link to this video?

I see the same basic message posted in at least five threads - including one that had been inactive for fourteen years.

This isn't the place to try to drive traffic to your channel, maybe take it down a notch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online