Which 600-horsepower station wagon would make the best expedition vehicle?

MTVR

It is unfortunate that Audi, BMW, and Mercedes are so reluctant to bring station wagons to the U.S..

The AMG E63 S wagon is cool, but it is more than I can justify- I wish they would give us an AMG C63 S wagon here...

dreadlocks

my local dealer said they had all their RS6 allocations reserved at least 3 years out, back in February when I was asking when I could see one in person.. dealer basically said they wont have one in their showroom for a very, very long time as these kinda owners are waiting and watching em unload it off the truck.. on the other hand there was almost 2 million dollars in R8 Cabriolets sitting in the showroom..

they pushed the sports diff and dynamic suspension off til next year for North America, thats a must have for me.. so I'll be looking for a 2021+ in about 5-6y from an original owner.

Last edited:

MTVR

my local dealer said they had all their RS6 allocations reserved at least 3 years out, back in February when I was asking when I could see one in person.. dealer basically said they wont have one in their showroom for a very, very long time as these kinda owners are waiting and watching em unload it off the truck...

Getting Porsche GT allocations is every bit as challenging.

...on the other hand there was almost 2 million dollars in R8 Cabriolets sitting in the showroom...

Used R8s are actually getting pretty affordable. It would be a much more sensible alternative to a 360 Modena. But then the 911 Turbo S will do everything they will do, 365 days a year, for much less money...

dreadlocks

oh these were all brand new 2020's, like 6 of em all lined up in any color you wanted, a couple were north of $250k.. its almost like a bunch of orders got canceled for some silly wagon or something :p

2.ooohhh

Wife loves her ‘03 A6 allroad, especially after I swapped out the turbos for some S4 take offs I had kicking around from another project. It’s no RS4 avant, but it’s no slouch either for a kid hauler that can get most anywhere we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTVR

A Giulia Quadrifoglio wagon would be more fun than giving two toys to three kids:

Not a wagon, but Jezza gets the Quadrifoglio:

Last edited:

MTVR

oh these were all brand new 2020's, like 6 of em all lined up in any color you wanted, a couple were north of $250k.. its almost like a bunch of orders got canceled for some silly wagon or something :p

Well, you could probably fit an entire college girls vollyball team in an RS6 Avant...

dreadlocks

heh, I got a flat tire in middle of Kansas in my RS6.. had a Pyrenees pup, my son and my wife in the car when a highway patrol K9 unit came up to provide assistance and get the trucks to move over for me.. the cop sat there and watched me unload the trunk onto the side of the road to get to the spare and was dumbfounded by how much stuff fits into the trunk of an Audi.. If you got 4 doors with 4 big seats with 4 rings on the front you gotta be able to fit 4 sets of golf clubs in the back or whats the point eh?

I let a friend record a music video in it once and I had about 5 tiny girls in just the back seat.. so yeah it can hold alot of trouble thats for sure.

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
I read a test a few years ago between an M5 touring and an RS6, IIRC the Audi made more torque at idle than the M5 made peak.
I struggle to get my head around how it can be making that much power while still idling in the garage :)
I'd still have the M5 tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94