Where are you now? OFFICIAL MAYA RALLY In Progress thread!

WorldRallyTeam

The Minority Racer
Sweet pics, here is our update

Was in Ensenada
63701_10151182107363565_388790534_n.jpg

534047_10151182107788565_285806567_n.jpg

Now headed to Laredo Texas to meet with 3 other teams to cross the Rio Grande River, see you guys in GTO on the 11th.
404157_10151123149053565_377883636_n.jpg

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
image.jpg

Team 34 is leaving Phoenix today, after mechanical delays, and trying to make the Mexicali crossing tonight. Anybody in northern Baja tonight?

Last edited:

snowbear

Observer
In Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Wind was blowing 85mph most of the day. Praying for good wx so my plane can fly tomorrow!

Enrique Vega

Stopover in Nashville, TN...

Finally left Rutherfordton, NC yesterday after a 3 week stay getting the truck/camper ready and helping my son and his family get started in their new country home. I'm still catching my breath and decided to spend one more night in La Cantina hotel with wifi. Tomorrow I will head mostly south through Alabama and Mississippi using one of the few All-American Roads left. "The Trace" or Natchez Trace Parkway is 444 miles long with a 50 mph maximum limit and no commercial vehicles, signs, or distractions. A pure country road that skims the tops of the hills. It's going to be just what the doctor ordered. Chill time...

Gray-Wolf-F150-1030776.jpg

Overland Nomads

Expedition Trophy Winner
Bryon and I are in Guaymas tonight and will begin to work our way south along the west coast! If you're trying to get to GTO by the 4th for the volunteer effort, let us know and we'll meet up!

snowbear

Observer
Made it home to Wasilla from Dutch a couple hours ago. Taking a break from loading up. Won't be ready to leave until sometime tomorrow aft, I hope

kbeefy

Adventurer
Do it snowbear. We're in San Diego today. Got maintenance to do tommorow, crossing into mexico on the 30th.

matt s

Explorer
You guys are killing me! With you in spirit. Snowbear get on it and drive safe man. Glad you made it out of Dutch.

Enrique Vega

Thanks for the map! I was having a very hard time getting Google maps to show the actual route of the Trace Parkway. So your link shows the actual parkway drive.

Sorry to see the deer/bike accident. Hope no one has anything like this happen on this rally. See you in Mexico!

Enrique Vega

Still on the Natchez Trace Parkway...

I'm still on the Natchez and really enjoying the ride. Here are a couple of photos...

Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge crossing the Tennessee River at milepost 330
P1030819.jpg

1st night roughing it with camper at Meriwether Lewis campground on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Battery power & propane only. Very quite with only the sounds of coyotes hauling at the full moon.
P1030796.jpg

Just before the moonrise at Tishomingo State Park, Natchez Trace Parkway.
P1030825.jpg

Loving overlanding at this time!

snowbear

Observer
We're in Shelby, MT glad to be headed south. Coldest temp we saw was -48f in the Yukon. Look fwd to next couple months w/o snow!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Anyone heard from Shayne with the Camel Trophy Defender?

We are still in Vegas, leaving now for Scottsdale....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles