What do you use for a truck gun?

Explorerinil

Observer
The best truck gun is the one you have with you in your truck. Whether its a Revolver, Pistol, shotgun or rifle the most important thing is that its actually with you! Handguns are good. Shotguns RULE close quarters battle PERIOD. Rifles (accurate rifles) are great to reach out and say STOP THAT! Nothing says F U though like a 12 gauge.
I agree, at work we carry slectfire rock river m4, LE only rifles and either a Remington 870, moss burg or benelli shotgun, they are upright next to each other in a rack. When I got to deploy a long gun, for something close or inside a home or small building I always go for the shotgun. I remember years ago we had a guy who threatened to kill his wife and was baracaded in a room. Two other officers and I went to the call, one grabbed his m4, the other pistol and taser, I grabbed the 870. I remember getting about 3 feet from the suspect calling him out at gun point, he didn’t care about the m4, but he was cross eyed staring down the barrel of the 870, he said, “holy s* I wasn’t expecting that”.

RockyMtn303

I usually have one of these 3.
My favorite is my mk18, I also love this Sig MPX, but my PSA pistol was $500 and won’t upset me near as much as other “truck guns” if it get involuntary re-appropriated.

E83-BA9-B1-9-C03-40-C8-A316-302-BA1-BDBD16.jpg

03-A70-AE7-0-CDE-4-E67-BCD3-E0799-F646-E46.jpg

BCBDED3-B-A1-AA-46-B0-920-E-3-D2703-A12-D44.jpg

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Here’s an interesting new choice from GunsAmerica to consider:

A legal sawed off 12 ga. Double barrel “pistol.”

079FDCA8-C063-458E-A58D-1ED93323A603.jpeg079FDCA8-C063-458E-A58D-1ED93323A603.jpeg079FDCA8-C063-458E-A58D-1ED93323A603.jpegEA0F7E9A-4D2B-4B67-989A-E0BE390AA451.jpeg

“Old school handguns have made a comeback in recent months (the King Cobra!), but the ‘Diablo’ from American Gun Craft takes that trend to another level.

With a twenty-first-century take on an eighteenth-century weapon, the Diablo features two six-inch polished nickel smooth-bore barrels that can be fired independently using a selector on the hammer. It uses a conventional 209 primer breech plug design, and AGC recommends a 1/2 ounce shot with 40gr of FFG.

As a muzzle-loading firearm, the Diablo does not require a background check before purchase and can be shipped directly to the customer’s home address.

American Gun Craft calls it the “legal-to-own answer for the modern sawed-off double barrel shotgun” and “quite possibly one of the most powerful handguns ever made.” They recommend the handgun for home and auto defense and claim it “offers the best close quarters deploy-ability of any shotgun.””
C50E2E01-C479-4DBB-92F1-DBA290EEA569.jpeg

Attachments

• E278429B-A6A6-4A03-A999-36298DB33689.jpeg
    E278429B-A6A6-4A03-A999-36298DB33689.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

GHI

Adventurer
Seems like a lot of hassle for a truck gun. Maybe a dumb question, but can you keep a muzzle loader ready to rock and roll for months on end stowed behind your tool box. Wouldn’t moisture/humidity present a problem.

How about a Henry Mares Leg. Just because it looks cool. On a serious note I’m considering the Socom 16. I happen to have amassed an ample amount of ammo for this rifle.

That Hickock 45 guy is costing me mucho dinero. Must stay away from his YouTube channel.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Like several others have said, I'm just too scared of losing a quality firearm if left in the rig. My pop gave me a Ruger SP101 when I turned 18 (which was a pretty cool pop gun for a youngin') and it was stolen from my car within a couple of months. Scarred me for life man!

I bought an SA XD-S .45 specifically for camping/hiking and I keep it in the rig. Not sure how useful it would be if the SHTF...but I do like to have a pistol around. Wouldn't be too broken up if it gets lost and now I leave the Kimbers at home.

I've been thinking about buying a short rifle or shotgun to keep in the rig these days (now that we have grizzlies in the area)...but everything that sounds useful would be class 3 and I don't want to pay the stamp tax or wait 9 months for approval.

Explorerinil

Observer
Seems like a lot of hassle for a truck gun. Maybe a dumb question, but can you keep a muzzle loader ready to rock and roll for months on end stowed behind your tool box. Wouldn’t moisture/humidity present a problem.

How about a Henry Mares Leg. Just because it looks cool. On a serious note I’m considering the Socom 16. I happen to have amassed an ample amount of ammo for this rifle.

That Hickock 45 guy is costing me mucho dinero. Must stay away from his YouTube channel.

Black powder absorbs moisture, I hunt with a muzzleloader for deer, durning hunting season I leave it out in the cold when it’s loaded. I know a guy that kept brining his into the cabin with him to stay warm, the barrel had condensation on it. After a couple days he took a shot at a nice buck, I heard a loud pop and the deer ran away, sabot and bullet barely made it out the barrel.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Just for accuracies sake- not all muzzleloading firearms require the use of black power. (Albeit rare indeed)

The 12 ga pistol above serves to highlight the ridiculousness of our gun laws.

lchavez

Observer
I am diggin the new Ruger PC Carbine. Looking forward to all the after market stuff that will come out for this one....

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
“The 12 ga pistol above serves to highlight the ridiculousness of our gun laws.”
>>>>Agreed, that’s one reason why I pposted this weird, fall thru the cracks gun.

“Nitpick: Not a real measurement. 12 gauge or .12 caliber.”
>>>>thx Matt, I should have caught that as I know more about guns thanthat typo would seem to imply ;)

“can you keep a muzzle loader ready to rock and roll for months on end stowed behind your tool box”
>>>>respectfully, if you’re going to carry a gun for protection, you definitely want to make it a practice to shoot it way more frequently than that!

“Flare gun.. I think they're legal in all states.”
>>>>watch out here in the “ready to burn up” dry western forests if you’re using a flare gun. Also, for the non- lethal proponents, there is a powerful air pistol that shoots capsicum pepper (gas?) balls like a paintball gun.

Ray_G

Explorer
Playing around with my AR pistol(s) has really gone too far. A little more painting and I think I'll stop playing with this one. It kinda hits my 'truck gun' threshold in that most of it wasn't terribly expensive. Hell the Maxim brace is really the most expensive part.

This will get wrung out over my kiddos spring break and we'll see if it becomes the mainstay in the truck.
IMG_7726.jpg

Reactions: WVI

robert

Expedition Leader
Playing around with my AR pistol(s) has really gone too far. A little more painting and I think I'll stop playing with this one. It kinda hits my 'truck gun' threshold in that most of it wasn't terribly expensive. Hell the Maxim brace is really the most expensive part.

This will get wrung out over my kiddos spring break and we'll see if it becomes the mainstay in the truck.
View attachment 501188

What hand guard is that? Blast deflector? I like the A-Tacs style camo in the optic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94