What are you using for stabilizers/levelers on your trailer with a RTT?

haywire1

I was wanting to use the BAL-C jacks too. I wasn't sure how well they handled muddy conditions though. Don't the threads and channel get caked up with mud?

loren85022

Explorer
Thus far, I have always had pretty good luck finding a flat area to camp. So my most recent version of rear stabilizers has just two settings. All the way up, or all the way down. I then adjust with a few pieces of plywood squares in the back, and level it off using the front Jack. But its definitely stable.

The pins hold the stabilizer in place, and the bolt is used simply to tighten it up and avoid any rattling.

So far, not enough testing to know if it will hold up. But I like anything that is easy to clean, simple to use, and does not require anyone having to get underneath the trailer.

I'm going to replace the bottom plate with a round version because I sure don't want my wife to ********** her knee on the corner at 2 AM when we leave the trailer hitched to the vehicle and do not drop the stabilizers.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394404521.744080.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394404521.744080.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

ezzzzzzz

Observer
I was wanting to use the BAL-C jacks too. I wasn't sure how well they handled muddy conditions though. Don't the threads and channel get caked up with mud?

I've never had a problem. The screw is protected by the bracketry in the up position. I must admit I haven't been in a situation where the mud was that severe with the trailer attached though. The optional(?) pads provide a good footprint. In the worse case you could also carry wooden pads of substantial sq inches to spread the load. These are much stouter than the typical thin sheetmetal stabilizers seen on pop-up campers. They can actually be used to lift the trailer leveling purposes. I also like the fact that they're tucked up out of the way, out of sight and do not rattle in transit requiring only the speed wrench to be stowed inside.

ToyRyd04

Prerunner Converter

I have used these in muddy situations. (The kind that sticks and piles up on your boots) and they work great. I have the optional "feet" that bolt on to provide a larger surface area.

Cowboy59

Observer
I have also used the c jacks in the mud and thick dusty conditions. They operated flawlessly. Grease them after each long trip. I can also lift my trailer with these. I called bal and asked them about lifting the trailer with the jacks. I spoke to one of thier engineers and he officially advised against it but unofficial ky told me they would be fine. My trailer weighs about 2K loaded plus has a five person Rtt mounted up high. I was very impressed with the stability of the jacks.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Have the same one works great.
I bought one of those stabilizers from AT for my M416 and it worked good. I thought is was some kind of custom item AT created and drove 35-40 miles each way to purchase when they were in the Inland Empire. It came in the manufactures box and it was made and distributed by 'WaynesRVStabilizer.com'. When I got home I punched in the website and to my surprise I could of bought the stabilizer direct for $39.00 w/ Free Shipping. I just spend $80.00. Needless to say I was a little upset. Camping World has these currently for $50.00 if you're looking....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior