We Explore Last Dollar Road near Telluride, CO

OverlandTrax

Contributor
Short video of us exploring Last Dollar Road near Telluride, CO. Please leave comments and/or corrections on YouTube. Cheers!

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
I doubt Imogene will be open in a couple weeks. Lots of snow this year. Imogene usually doesn't open until mid to late June.

Whoa, I hadn't thought of that. This is a pretty early trip for us this year. Any idea if they will just close the trail at the Camp Bird Mine or will just access to the top likely be closed?

dreadlocks

vast majority of back country passes will be closed til July this year, record snow pack and all that.. most all trails are closed for mud season.. once you get past 10kft its feet deep snow

dreadlocks

probably for the most part, as long you don't mind the occasional impacts.. my trailer is about 11ft tall and it got scratched up and antennas broken off pretty quickly on actual trails.. forest service roads its perfectly fine.

86scotty

Cynic
Thanks @OverlandTrax. I found that and TrailDamage.com today as well. Both look to be excellent resources. Either way, looks like our plans will be changing a bit but there's always a good time out in the Colorado high country. We've never been let down, we'll just have to be more creative, which is fine.

Sorry to muck up your thread, carry on!

Cheers

Kya

Adventurer
It's still snowing in Colorado right now. This week's winter storm dropped an additional 10-20 inches in the high country depending on location, and that has been the story all May. Also, there were historic avalanche cycles this year that have buried many roads under massive piles of debris (hundreds of trees). Definitely check with local authorities about conditions.

Here is a link to give you some idea of the carnage. And this is for access to the Maroon Bells, a paved road in the valley bottom with an elevation of about 9,500 ft.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior