Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
I suspected as much. Nice winch system! Do you end up pulling it off seasonally or more often now that you have a system to do so?

I wonder if something like one of these is at all feasible? https://www.topliftpros.com/
I made one using a 110V winch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M22RUZY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ws40Cb12P979T mounted to the opposite wall, para cord and some pulleys.
It works great! It is no more trouble to remove than the factory hard top.
I can't speak about that other top lift but I would think that it will not be enough for the J30

Last edited:

Lightholder

I made one using a 110V winch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M22RUZY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ws40Cb12P979T mounted to the opposite wall, para cord and some pulleys.
It works great! It is no more trouble to remove than the factory hard top.
I can't speak about that other top lift but I would think that it will not be enough for the J30
Thanks. I actually just rang those guys - their lift is built for up to 300lbs, but they have a heavier-duty one coming later this year they say would be their choice for something like the Ursa Minor. Seeing that I'm not getting my top until late summer/early fall, maybe I'll check back with them then and see what's up :)

rustypayne

I'd also be concerned with where the balance point is on the J30, seems like it would be forward of a normal hard top and you'd need to be sure that rolling lift had a long enough base to not be tippy.

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
Overland Expo is less than a week away!
Who is going?
I would assume that John and Ursa minor will be in the vendor area.
Any other J30 owners want to try to camp together?

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Overland Expo is less than a week away!
Who is going?
I would assume that John and Ursa minor will be in the vendor area.
Any other J30 owners want to try to camp together?
I had plans to go, but I registered too late. Wanted the full camping experience and it was sold out so I will plan earlier for next year.

zachgs

Super informative thread, just finished going through all 140 pages over several days. After our camping trip this past weekend which involved sprinting to get a rain fly on and fighting with tent stakes in rocky soil, I just placed my order with Ursa Minor this morning!

Now the long wait begins!

KellyM

Adventurer
Super informative thread, just finished going through all 140 pages over several days. After our camping trip this past weekend which involved sprinting to get a rain fly on and fighting with tent stakes in rocky soil, I just placed my order with Ursa Minor this morning!

Now the long wait begins!
Congrats!

zachgs

Congrats!
Thanks! I even got to meet John and chat for a bit at the Adventure Gear Fest this past weekend at Snowbird in Utah. Super nice guy. Sadly they only had their Ford model there and no Jeeps but fun to see and check out all the same.