Ultimate 2 car garage

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I've got the '13 JKUR, so I'm all set there. Maybe throw in $10k for some mods. Add to that a 1965 Mustang GT fastback in Wimbledon White with blue racing stripes. The Mustang doesn't have to be super nice, just a great driver quality car that I can enjoy the heck out of. My dream car is a '65 GT350, but I'm not getting there for $75k.

Amy H

Observer
Our WRX is an 2012 hatchback just like the photo, but dark grey. If I could get any car/truck/van after thinking about this a bit more...I would love a new VW T2 for camping with the kiddo or a syncro.

larrydallas

Flame suit on, but in this scenario my stable probably would not include a jeep. I would get a 10 year old 100 series LC and do a decent expo build, putting total cost at about $35k. The Landy would also serve as my DD. The other $40k would go towards a modified C6 Z06 corvette ~ naturally aspirated with 550RWHP, give or take. That would cover all my vehicle needs / hobbies.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Flame suit on, but in this scenario my stable probably would not include a jeep. I would get a 10 year old 100 series LC and do a decent expo build, putting total cost at about $35k. The Landy would also serve as my DD. The other $40k would go towards a modified C6 Z06 corvette ~ naturally aspirated with 550RWHP, give or take. That would cover all my vehicle needs / hobbies.

I'm not sure what is more amazing: the C6 ZO6 itself, or the fact that it's actually obtainable for guys like us.

Since my van was bought and modded for cash 6 yrs ago...

image.jpg

...would I get to spend the $75k on this CTS-V powered '68 Camaro? I suspect I'd still need 2x that amount.

http://youtu.be/p0asSuSBNO0

I've never really found the Camaro attractive, but this is an incredible car. I'd choose it over a pro touring 66 Chevelle or 70 Charger for its Track-Day-ability, and over the ZO6 for it's uniqueness. I'd have two pretty unique Chevys :)

"Under the hood, the original 350 cubic inch V-8 was yanked out, replaced by a modern LSA V-8 from a wrecked Cadillac CTS-V. Hall kept the stock internals, but an overdrive pulley for the original supercharger and a custom tune were enough to boost output to 648 horsepower at the wheels. By anyone's measure, that's significant.

Under the car, suspension, driveline and brake components were upgraded to more modern specifications, resulting in a car equally adept at *dodging cones on an autocross course or rolling to the drive-thru for take out."

Last edited:

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
Cool thread. For $75k though, I can't say I'd change anything about my garage! :smiley_drive:

PhotoMay28114413AM_zpsbee77577.jpg

PhotoAug0224614PM_zps08b48676.jpg

-Josh

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I agree with Hilldweller, we are close to that with my '14 JKU and wife's '14 Volvo S60. The Jeep is far from built up and the Volvo is nice but not a dream car.
I've got the JKU, teardrop, & FIAT right now. Not too long ago it was a Power Wagon, teardrop, & MINI Cooper S ---- well over $75K.

Vehicles come and vehicles go. I moved to GA in 2005 and have owned 12 vehicles and 2 trailers in that time period...
It's a disease. I'm a carahaulic.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I agree with Hilldweller, we are close to that with my '14 JKU and wife's '14 Volvo S60. The Jeep is far from built up and the Volvo is nice but not a dream car.

At the risk of sounding like a prick, (I really mean no offense ) it's a sad state of affairs when $75k gets you a Jeep and Volvo.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
At the risk of sounding like a prick, (I really mean no offense ) it's a sad state of affairs when $75k gets you a Jeep and Volvo.
Well, a Rubi is north of $40-large and so is the T6-R (nice Volvo, that one).

I for one don't like to buy used vehicles. Or houses. They have other-people sweat in them. Yuck.

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
I had a 2007 subaru STi which i sold for the 2009 Jeep Rubicon. I felt the jeep rubicon fit better for overall daily use so the STi isnt really needed anymore. Yes the STi was sporty and fun but so is the jeep in a way. At the end of the day the Jeep still put a bigger smile on my face.
As for a second vehicle i like to get a fullsize pickup. With a leftover budget of $45K (i got my new loaded rubicon for $30K), a Ford Raptor or Ram Powerwagon would be my top pick but thats over the budget so maybe a Ram 1500 quad cab Outdoorsman 4x4

Last edited:

mmmm gas

After playing this game all my life from big block muscle cars to 400+hp imports and tons of cars in between I finally settled down for the long haul

This is the DD,local run around vehicle
jeepcamp.jpg

And(after alot of research and bang for the buck) for the long hauls and,as of late,collecting dust in the garage duties this was chosen
corvettecamp.jpg

The rest of said money would just go to upgrades,as things break when pushed ;)

T.Low

Expedition Leader
My business partner had a c5 back in '98. I never thought much of it...until he wanted to take my truck on a month long trip and left me with his Vette. Holy ********** ell!:roost:

camodog

Adventurer
The rest of said money would just go to upgrades,as things break when pushed ;)

I know this feeling all too well. I am fixing my sway bar link tomorrow after snapping the bolt on mosquito pass two weeks ago.

I love seeing peoples choices, a lot of similar themes. Something offroad and something sporty. I guess if the budget was raised a few people would choose this as there only vehicle. I know I would.

local.jpg

ShortBusGeek

Adventurer
2 car ultimate garage for $75k? Can't do it. Too many interests and needs. We own a horse farm, so I have to at least have a large truck. (We've got an F350 dually - bought used for $12k-ish and immediately had the tranny rebuilt for $3500.) My fun vehicle is the 2014 Wrangler Unlimited. ($33k-ish? + $2500 in mods so far) My wife's Mini Cooper S convertible was $9k after rebuilding the tranny. She inherited a 53 Buick, so I don't think that counts towards the total $, right? Flatbed trailer was $1k and the horse trailer was $43k. Looks like the horse trailer puts me over the limit, but it also brings in income, so perhaps that offsets the overage? :)

However, I do need a bigger carport / garage. I'd love to have $75k to expand or rebuild my current one. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior