Tyler's Shower Build

Wolfscout

I really like this idea and want to build one myself. I've not found that portable shower head anywhere yet though.

tpatching

Observer
I love when different parts coincidentally fit together perfectly! Great build thread for something so simple.

I would be surprised if that filter lasts long at all though. using a paper fuel filter should clog up very quickly. water in a fuel line will clog any fuel filter by making the paper swell and close off flow. you would be better off using a pond type pickup filter. they tend to be made of brass or ceramic and porous at a very small micron level.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll start looking at other filter options.

gchinsr

Observer
I have the Hozelock which is a nice piece of kit. Instead of using a heat transfer system with multiple lines that could fail, or the need to run the motor, I plan to simply boil some water to the needed temp. KISS. I was originally going to do the same thing, but the connections on the MWC will not fit into my Land Rover jerry can lockers, and will fit the Hozelock in the interior.
Greg

Abitibi

Explorer
Very nice set up, nice enough that I started ordering the missing parts to build this shower as well, thanks tpatching! The Solo hand pump model 996 seems to be a HomeDepot special, everywhere else it I think the equivalent is model 430...

I found the pump on itself (no tank or wand) for $20 here:
http://www.sprayer-outlet.com/Solo-430-1G-Portable-Sprayer.htm
Saved myself a good $20 that way plus less shipping fees.

The shower head was ordered as mentioned from HK via eBay for $40 shipping included.

Thanks again for this great idea!

Cheers
Mr. D

grimbo

Explorer
I use a similar idea but different if that makes sense. A 20l black plastic drum. Leave it out in the sun all day nice and hot. In the kid I drilled a hole and then got a inner tube and cut the valve stem out with enough of the tube to fit inside the lid. Then used enough glue/silicon to seal it up. Piece of hose and a shower head.

Hook
The air compressor up
To the valve and away you go, pressurized solar hot water.

kilimats

Observer
I use a similar idea but different if that makes sense. A 20l black plastic drum. Leave it out in the sun all day nice and hot. In the kid I drilled a hole and then got a inner tube and cut the valve stem out with enough of the tube to fit inside the lid. Then used enough glue/silicon to seal it up. Piece of hose and a shower head.

Hook
The air compressor up
To the valve and away you go, pressurized solar hot water.

pictures?

kilimats

Observer
I am planning the same setup (shoud have all parts delivered next week) , good to see someone satisfied with it. I'll use the electric pump for mine because i really disliked pumping my Zodi Extreme every 10sec after the water pressure drop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne