Tundra vs F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9101

More like 100 F150’s for every Tundra sold. Plus F150’s are 50-1 used in trades and heavy work vs Tundras that are typically soccer dad trucks

I have yet to see a large fleet run the Tundra. Both of my F150s that were fleet trucks performed flawlessly. The 3.5 was turned in at 170k and the 5.0 was 130k, neither had any problems.

D

Deleted member 9101

Logic fail. :unsure:

The Tundra on average is more reliable by a significant margin, which is why they don't depreciate like the F150. Of course being a 12 year old design you'd expect most of the bugs to be worked out! The F150 comes out on top in most other performance categories, but the differences are marginal. The Tundra is cheaper to own in spite of the poor MPG and and is less likely to spend time in the shop. Just depends on where your priorities lie.

My 2.7 destroys my old 5.7 in fuel economy and the insurance is cheaper. It also cost thousands less than a comparable Tundra.

Also, the performance differences are pretty stark. While my Tundra was no slouch, my EcoBoost hands down does every thing better.

As for depreciation, that has more to do with fan boys and egos than reliability. Even if the Tundra would be worth 25% more at the end of its life, the 6-8 mpg increase and 30% cheaper insurance for the F150 makes up for It.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
My 2.7 destroys my old 5.7 in fuel economy and the insurance is cheaper. It also cost thousands less than a comparable Tundra.

Also, the performance differences are pretty stark. While my Tundra was no slouch, my EcoBoost hands down does every thing better.

As for depreciation, that has more to do with fan boys and egos than reliability. Even if the Tundra would be worth 25% more at the end of its life, the 6-8 mpg increase and 30% cheaper insurance for the F150 makes up for It.
Resale value is only for those who never actually own. Lease people and every 3 yrs finance a new rig types care about resale

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Not million miles

"Norman and Debbie Conner traded in their 2002 Ford F-350, it had just over 1,071,000 miles on it.

Consider the story of Duane Thalan, who recently crossed the 1,229,000-mile mark in his 1999 F-250 and is still going. In fact, his truck still has the original fuel injectors."

But who cares. None of us here will reach 1M miles. If my truck goes 2-300k miles, I'd be happy. I think most, or all, modern trucks--Toyota, Ford, Nissan, etc., that won't really be a problem.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
If the line haul, car haul guys, didn't change their dash screens out every 150,000 miles..........

That scam doesn't work on the 2017+ models, I think. Still no confirmation of that on the net.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
My average is between 16-18mpg. Realize I get passed by everybody! I find, this is weird I know, 62mpg is what mine wants. I also do not race the RPM high. Last one up the hill!
I got 15 doing 80-85 last month towing a 1000lb 4x6 behind the 06 Sequoia 4.7L. 65mph I get 19-20mpg. Thats why I think Toyota really let down Tacoma owners.

RJ Howell

I got 15 doing 80-85 last month towing a 1000lb 4x6 behind the 06 Sequoia 4.7L. 65mph I get 19-20mpg. Thats why I think Toyota really let down Tacoma owners.

I met this couple outside of Zion, after meeting them at Bryce. Almost the same truck, yet a trailer much lighter. They where surprised at my mileage. They also got there before us. You need to find that 'sweet' spot your rig likes. I know mine.

rruff

Explorer
It also cost thousands less than a comparable Tundra.

I dunno... you paid more for a 2WD F150 than I did for my Tundra. Fan boys and egos? Did the Tundra become a status symbol when I wasn't looking? Along with your numbers you're going farther and farther into silly-territory.

D

Deleted member 9101

[URL ]

None of us here will reach 1M miles. If my truck goes 2-300k miles, I'd be happy. I think most, or all, modern trucks--Toyota, Ford, Nissan, etc., that won't really be a problem.

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier