Transglobal Car Expedition

NOPEC

More please! Looks amazing.

It saddens me that the Expedition Portal Administrators have not done away with this thread. It is bad enough that my own government has allowed Russian national members of this expedition to walk away from an overt violation of our closed airspace with a Fine. This group was THEN allowed to continue this foolishness with the Russian Billionaire financier at the helm, happily plying his little multi-national (read - "feelgood") team to continue with this expedition utilizing primarily Russian vehicles and of course, money. Across my bloody country, no less. I believe that if sanctions are to be real, they are sanctions across the board. Many of us have come to expect lower standards in general from our governments but I come to Expedition Portal because of the generally much higher standard.

edit: Actually suggesting that the thread should perhaps be taken down would have been a much more civil way to broach the topic. So, administrators, kindly accept this edit as that request. I was on a "post hours worth of reading the news" rant when I wrote the original part of this post:)

Last edited:

Lownomore

It saddens me that the Expedition Portal Administrators have not done away with this thread. It is bad enough that my own government has allowed Russian national members of this expedition to walk away from an overt violation of our closed airspace with a Fine. This group was THEN allowed to continue this foolishness with the Russian Billionaire financier at the helm, happily plying his little multi-national (read - "feelgood") team to continue with this expedition utilizing primarily Russian vehicles and of course, money. Across my bloody country, no less. I believe that if sanctions are to be real, they are sanctions across the board. Many of us have come to expect lower standards in general from our governments but I come to Expedition Portal because of the generally much higher standard.

edit: Actually suggesting that the thread should perhaps be taken down would have been a much more civil way to broach the topic. So, administrators, kindly accept this edit as that request. I was on a "post hours worth of reading the news" rant when I wrote the original part of this post:)

Seems like the locals are much more upset about the truck that fell through the ice than anything else. Understandably so since it sounds like they didn't bother to talk to the people that have been hunting that area for generations about ice conditions.

billiebob

While I agree with your sentiments for me there are many bigger problems and simpler solutions. Putin wants to mobilize, conscripts want to defect..... Close all borders out of Russia. If they don't want to fight in the Ukraine tell them to fight at home and change their country.

But things we could change yet choose to ignore like homelessness and poverty at home we ignore.

Personally I'd hope as long as the adventure focuses on the adventure..... I hope Expedition Portal keeps this thread open. I especially value learning from their mistakes.

There are many other ways to make a difference in the way our world works if one wants to be political which don't and should not involve an expedition portal.

Everyone posting here is hoping for a bit of a dopamine rush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles