Tour de Canada

Chilliwak said:
Today was the start of the Chilliwack mud bog racing. We entered the grounds after paying for a pit pass. Each racer
gets 2 runs each day and is judged by their 3 best runs out of 4. Everything from alcohol fueled big blocks with superchargers
to street machines were at the races, each in their respective class. After a day of racing we returned home to a barbeque and
a bondfire.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
Spent the day watching the mud bogs today. There were some awesome rides racing, was really cool to watch them. Had a
nice fire in Rick`s backyard, was a great day...

dsc045192uoh.jpg

dsc04553iu6q.jpg

dsc04602num4.jpg

dsc04670iuff.jpg

dsc04686qu1d.jpg

Chilliwak said:
This was the second day of racing. The mud was deeper today so some of the racers had problems getting through the
course. Our friend Rick won third place in his class. The "Hooligan" had raced through the mud 4 times. We applauded Rick on his
great race and the trophy he recieved.
Later we returned to Ricks place where we celebrated with our favorite. Steinez enjoyed a bottle of beer called "big trois pistoles".

Steinbruchsoldat said:
Last day of the mud races today. Was even better, because the mud was deeper and heavier. Also it looked like some of
the guys used more than 4 cylinders of their V8`s on the last run. One truck almost flipped to it`s side due to the crazy torque
his engine put`s out...

dsc04746buep.jpg

dsc04760cum9.jpg

dsc047737um2.jpg

dsc04800dupw.jpg

Higher Ground

What a great trip , I was glad to meet you guys . I hpoe that the next time your in BC that I could show you some of thhe more rugged places to wheel . Brian from Pat's Driveline .

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Brian, glad you posted up. I will see you next year. Hopefully on the trails, but equally in the shop. Thanks for excellent work...:ylsmoke:

Last edited:

achampagne

Explorer
Looks like you two are having a great time, thanks for sharing.

PS all the shots of those burgers are making me so hungry!

lowenbrau

Explorer
I'll chime in as well. I'm enjoying following along on your adventure. I deeply respect your support of the Canadian beef industry. Back in the mad cow days I ate beef for three meals a day until I finally ended up with gout. I was expecting to see you in Cowtown once you were done with the Kootenays. I think I could probably find you a steak here in town that you wouldn't choose to contaminate with Cattleboyz. You could save that stuff for the burgers. PM me if you are headed this way.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
gout.....Dude a few veggies w/ that beef.....really...:coffeedrink: Frozen is fairly tolerable.
:coffeedrink:

Chilliwak said:
We woke up and had breakfast. Then we went down to Ricks Shop, Chilliwack Spring Service, and spent most of the day there.
After Rick finished work, we went out to do some fishing. We fished all night until it got dark, but we caught nothing. The sunset
was beautiful as we packed up our gear and left the Fraser river.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
Went fishing for some salmon to the Fraser river this evening. Rick let me use his rod, was very cool. Unfortunately we didn`t
catch anything, but it was a great time...

dsc04821oful.jpg

dsc048264ca2.jpg

dsc048301fz4.jpg

Chilliwack said:
Today after breakfast we went down to Pat`s Driveline to have our new front driveshaft installed. The whole operation at Pat`s
Driveline is extremely professional. Brian and Phil took measurements and fabricated a new driveshaft to meet our requirements.
Soon we had our new driveshaft installed and we drove to Vancouver.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
First we had the new driveshaft installed, really nice guys at Pat`s Driveline. Then we went for some shopping to Vancouver, i got
some really great deals. Had lunch at "Best Burito", and yes, the burito was awesome...

dsc04846webpq5c.jpg

dsc04849webfptc.jpg

dsc04850weiqpu.jpg

dsc04856web2o37.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks to everyone who followed our adventures on the Tour de Canada. A special thanks goes out to Steinez for all the effort and help he put into the old Chevy. Steinez, you ROCK!:Wow1:
Happy trails everyone.....:ylsmoke:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
If anyone has any questions or would like to know more about the route we took, please feel free to ask....:)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Does anyone want to see this trip happening again?:Wow1: Or do you all not like barbecue?:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior