Tour de Canada

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Hey! Didn't I see you guys in Nakusp last week? My wife and I drove into town to get some supplies at the supermarket. Red Toyota truck. We spent a few days at Wilson Lake.

Pete

Chilliwak said:
This morning after breakfast we finished the ladder/staircase in the cabin. Steinez showed that he was also capable with
wood, as well as with mechanical things.
Later we had to fall a big tree that had become dangerous, due to the fact it was dead at the top. Chainsaw in hand we went into
the bush. It did not take long before the tree was lying on the ground.
In the afternoon we went to the local autowrecker to try to find a front driveshaft for the Chevy. They had some we could use,
but for some reason they would not sell them. The day ended with an awesome steak dinner!

Steinbruchsoldat said:
Did a lot of things today. First a bit of woodwork in the cabin, then some "logging". On the way to the autowrecker we
sailed accross the lake with the cable ferry, interesting thing. Unfortunately we didn`t get the front sriveshaft we were looking
for at the junkyard, but i scored some "Camper Special" badges, which i`ll put on my Blazer...

dsc03618webk7po.jpg

dsc03619webm7ab.jpg

dsc03622web47w8.jpg

dsc03633webn76f.jpg

dsc03644web37cq.jpg

dsc03650webt7gt.jpg

dsc03661weba7b3.jpg

dsc03574camperspecialwn7q3.jpg

Chilliwak said:
Today is the day we leave cmp to continue our travels. We packed everything up and sailed back and fourth accross
the lake with our stuff. We loaded up with supplies and drove towards the small town of Sandon. We arrived there just in time
for a smokie dinner.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
Time to leave the "new home". Last time stocking our supplies up in Nakusp and we`re driving to Sandon. I`m really
excited to check out the mining stuff...

dsc036761q2b.jpg

dsc03704nrc0.jpg

Chilliwak said:
We woke up to the cold of 1200 metres elevation. We went for a hike to view the old mines and connecting railways of Sandon.
Unfortunately we took a wrong turn on a logging road. The road went steepy uphill so at least we got some exercise. Later we
found the right trail and viewed the old mines. Steinez was very enthusiastic about all the old mining artifacts. Later we viewed
the mining museum. We drove towards Nelson to get a few supplies. On a beach north of Nelson in a provincial park we enjoyed a
great steak dinner.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
We started hiking the old K&S Railway track early in the morning. I knew the right way, but i let Chilli take the lead.
He screwed it up a bit, maybe he just wanted an extra workout. I finally guided us to the right trail, and it was just awesome.
I really enjoyed walking around in the old mines and imagine how it looked a hundred years ago...
The museum we visited was great too, but nothinh like discover the things at your own...
there were so many things around, i could spend a whole month there hiking around and looking for old mining stuff...

dsc03723vqvr.jpg

dsc03736wrde.jpg

dsc03751tpjr.jpg

dsc037947prj.jpg

Chilliwak said:
We woke up early and continued our journey. We stopped in the old town of Greenwood and had some coffee and eats at the
local historic bakery. The bakery even has its own 55 Chevy as a delivery car. The whole town is very nostalgic with old turn of the century historic buildings.
Later we drove to the town of Osoyos, were we relaxed at the local beach and cooled town in the water.
We traveled on to the city of Keremeos. Steinez is a volunteer firefighter in Germany and he wanted to visit the local firehall. At
the Keremeos fire dept. we were given the grand tour by a very friendly firefighter named Jim. For more than an hour we toured
the entire firehall. We saw equipment, trucks, hoses, office and quarters used by the dept. staff. A big thanks goes out to Jim
for his first class tour.
Later we retired to the pub accross the street for a cold beer and some great chicken wings. Pretty good considering there was no Cattle Boys on!

Steinbruchsoldat said:
We had a bit relaxation for the better part of the day, then continued driving in the direction of Princeton. We saw
the Pub which was supposed to have WiFi, so we stopped there. I saw a guy driving out with the fire engines from the firehall. Beeing a
firefighter myself, i really wanted to check out a canadian firehall. So i went to the guys and told them, I`m a firefighter
from Germany and the guy named Jim gave us a really nice tour of the firehall and all the equipment. It was really nice to see all
the stuff those guys use, and all the similarities to my firehall, given the fact that my department is on the other side of the world. Thanks
for the tour Jim. I will make sure that i send you a patch from our fire department...

dsc038747uad.jpg

dsc03894ounk.jpg

dsc03911iuor.jpg

Last edited:

Chilliwak said:
We woke up the next morning to howling winds that shook the whole truck. We drove throught the town of Hedley were there
was a sign advertising a gold mine tour. I was tired so Steinez did the tour himself. He was gone almost 6 hours so I am sure the
tour was great. Later we drove to Princeton were we fueled up and stopped for some wicked rib eye steaks with "CattleBoyz"
barbeque sauce.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
This night was crazy. It was so windy that the whole truck started to sway... When we saw that sign, advertising a gold
mine tour, i knew that i wanted to take the tour. We came a bit early, so we drove to Bromley Rock Park and relaxed a bit. The
tour started at 11.30am in the office building with a small museum-like collection and a movie. Then they drove us up to 1500m
elevation with some buses, close to the Mascot Gold Mine. We had to walk down 600 stairs to get to the mine, the same amount of
course on the way back. The mine was really nice, the guys did a great job restoring those buildings. It was a bit on the expensive
side at $41 per adult, but was well worth it. I felt the money spent was worthwhile because it was used to restore the mine. If
you`re in that area I`d recommend to take the tour...

dsc03963ko4y.jpg

dsc040020rnv.jpg

dsc04012qo14.jpg

dsc04044cr51.jpg

dsc040705qu5.jpg

Chilliwak said:
From Princeton we drove towards Vancouver, stopping in Chilliwack to visit Rick, the owner of Chilliwack Spring Service.
It turns out that there are mud bogging races in Chilliwack this weekend, and Rick will be racing his truck called the "Hooligan".
We made some arrangements to camp in Ricks backyard. Later that day we had Steak dinner.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
We arrived at Chilliwack today, met this cool guy called Rick. Looks like his shop does all the cool stuff to trucks.
He has a nice biggy truck and a pretty radical F-350 on 47`s. We saw ads for the Abbotsford Airshow and the Chilliwack Mud Bogs,
so we have some great things to do this weekend...

dsc04148ku1i.jpg

untitled-hdr-0028ubb.jpg

untitled-hdr-001uh7.jpg

Chilliwak said:
After resting up we decided to check-out the Abbotsford airshow. I had not seen the airshow since i was a kid. Aircraft
of every kind was both parked on the runway and in the air. We spent all day watching the fly-by of all kinds of stunt flying and
millitary airplanes.

Steinbruchsoldat said:
Spent the whole day at the Abbotsford Air Show, watching the airplanes. Took a lot of pictures, and a few even came out
great...

dsc04196suwq.jpg

dsc04245buj4.jpg

dsc04349gu7m.jpg

dsc043703u7n.jpg

dsc04376wuxh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz