Thinking of a locking diff for my 2wd, talk me into/out of it

dirtnsmores

Great conversation to help 2wd folks decide between a air locker or truetrac limited slip. I still haven't don't anything to the rear of my Tacoma yet. I put some skinny 33s on it and wanted to see if I would need a regear. So far I'm fine keeping the ratio. These Toyo at3s eloads are only 50lbs, look great and have amazing traction. Not having to regear will save me some serious money and keep me leaning towards a truetrac.

The tires are 255/80/17

billiebob

Great conversation to help 2wd folks decide between a air locker or truetrac limited slip. I still haven't don't anything to the rear of my Tacoma yet. I put some skinny 33s on it and wanted to see if I would need a regear. So far I'm fine keeping the ratio. These Toyo at3s eloads are only 50lbs, look great and have amazing traction. Not having to regear will save me some serious money and keep me leaning towards a truetrac.

The tires are 255/80/17
50psi seems like a lot.
Check the load rating at 50psi vs your Tacomas actual load

dirtnsmores

just to post an update to this thread... I ordered the Truetrac for my 2wd Tacoma prerunner. the 4x4 market is nuts right now and i gave up looking. going to enjoy my paid off truck on some great camping trips this year. mostly desert and mountain dirt roads and dispersed camping areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke