The old 1999 build thread

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
This type of discussion is great for guys doing research, fire away. You'll notice a couple if the regulars in the Montero world will pop into my threads and ask questions or poke me for more detailed information (even when they know the answers already or know better than i do). This all makes for better tech.

Toasty

Rebuilt the knuckes this morning, haven't started welding the truss in yet but real soon.
20180925_105708.jpg

Toasty

Finally got around to rear brakes, went with drilled, slotted rotors because the rears are non vented originally. Powerstop pads again they come with new boots and brake hardware. Turned out well.
20181207_115211.jpg20181207_130652.jpg

Toasty

Installed some KC LED reverse lights a while back, not bad for $25 each and they seem rugged enough to handle some abuse.

20190210_180631.jpg
20190210_180305.jpg

Toasty

Are you sure the rotors aren't on wrong?

I'm not sure, they come labeled left and right and i triple checked when i installed because it looked different than i expected. Right is always your right sitting in the vehicle and I'm no engineer so i just went with what it said on the instructions. Stops 35's like a motherfu**er and silently so i quit caring how it looks.

Tjtalan

After reading your thread I now feel I know my new to me Monty much better. So much wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toasty

Time for new exhaust, the joint at the muffler broke while on the trail this weekend. I was able to trail fix it with the can from my morning coffee and some wire rope Ty found on the ground to keep the exhaust from dragging. Luckily Chin Chin Cafe cans are stainless and super tough.

brad2274

Adventurer
The Chin chin coffee is good stuff! hahah, the over axle tail section of my exhaust got loose recently, stays in but wants to fall to the side and hit the axle. Currently being held up with a piece of stainless boat shift cable at the shock tower :)

Toasty

Sounds like mine, i paid a shop to do the exhaust when i got the truck back in 2005 i think. Really bad job they did, it breaks all the time.

Toasty

Sold the 4.90 and ARB RD110 this morning, anyone need a fresh set of Aisin hubs? Those are ready to go. $150 shipped.

Toasty

3 connection points?

Think of it like the trailing arms on the back of the truck except in the front, like the Gen 1&2 Bronco, G-Wagen, Patrol GU, 70 80 105 series landcruiser, landrovers and these are a universal adjustable arms designed to replace the 5 link or whatever is in the front of a TJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles