The Official SEMA 2012 Thread! Check Back For Frequent Updates.

Viggen

Just here...
Funny the mindset of today and yesterday. No huge lift, fancy wheels, interior....even the tires suck compared today's tires.

3_1972+Darien+Gap.jpg

drkddl

Question for you: why do we suffer for not getting the Hilux? Is it somehow better than the Tacoma that we get currently? Styling and motor choices aside, is it tougher? I have yet to read about the Prado frame the Taco uses as being inferior to the old T100 style frame the Hilux still uses.
2000lb payload, diesel motor with awesome range, available OEM snorkel, just to name 3 things.

Love my Tacoma, but if you were to seat 5 adults in it, you'd be over the GVWR without any gear.

concretejungle

Adventurer
Agreed, just like they make the bad ***** land cruisers still for other countries and we get the pansy american 200 series with leather and woodgrain! :)

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
FYI guys, ICON isn't the "new kids on the block" - they have been in business for many, many years. They were previously called Donahoe Racing, and I've used and recommended their products for Tacoma's since I had my '98. Great products, great customer service, one day turns on rebuilding coilovers.

Mark

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Was there any information regarding the 'All Terrain Warriors' and 'Sportsmobile' partnership vehicle?

Thanx in advance!

Well I have not talked to them but they are parked next to each other outside so I would assume it's a good sign...

Clutch

<---Pass
I just don't get the Hilux lust, I was pretty underwhelmed with them. I was lucky enough to do a 2000km test of all the brand new dual cabs a few years ago through the outback. The Hilux was very meh.

Seems like the World Ranger is winning all of the test, at least from what I read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94