The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
How weather proof is the CFX3 line? I'm considering one for the bed of my Tacoma which is not covered.

We recommend that you keep them as covered and protected as you can. A tonneau, one of our covers, etc. will help keep them going.

We've seen CFFs and CFXs left out in the open in work trucks for a long time and they are going strong. That said, we can't guarantee that your mileage won't vary.

Like everything, the better care you take care of something the longer it will last.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Diesel44

Mate there is no quick fix for the Dometic CFX3 range of fridges, They have a design fault and you can not plug in both power sources at the same time, Dometic's quick fix idea is to put a sticker on the new ones they sell warning you not to connect both power sources at the same time which defeats the object of buying one in the first place, Every other fridge on the market does not have this issue so you need to send it back and get a refund and buy one that does work as intended.

I never had both power sources connected at the same time. Dometic has sent me a new 12/24Vdc power cord as a fix. I have yet to test it, probably this week end. I am wondering if there is something in the power control board that is causing my issue.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I never had both power sources connected at the same time. Dometic has sent me a new 12/24Vdc power cord as a fix. I have yet to test it, probably this week end. I am wondering if there is something in the power control board that is causing my issue.
I think from memory when both leads are connected the AC power send back through the DC circuit and kills the DC side of the electronics, With my ARB's I can leave both leads hooked up at the same time,

Many people lately have said they about plugging one lead in at a time but that defeats the objective of owning a 4x4 fridge because when a person is at home keeping the AC and DC leads plugged in allows the DC to kick in when ever there is a power outage and the same when you are on a Camp site when you hook up to shore power where it switches from DC to AC, If the Duel circuits are not paired then in either situation then a certain amount of messing around is involved and in either situation forgetting to hook up the other power source and removing the other could result in ruined food or a blown up fridge, Knowing this stopped me from buying one of the new CFX3 series,

I'm not knocking Dometic because I own a lot of their gear and it is fantastic stuff but the CFX3 falls short compared to the other Dometic Products I own, The things that worries me most of all is that Dometic's way of solving this design fault is to put a sticker telling the user not to plug in both leads at the same time, That's not fixing the problem, that's covering A$$es and tells me that they are quite happy to let it slide and have no intension of fixing the problem and are quite happy to keep selling Defective Fridges,

Every other Brand of Fridge on the Market works with both leads plugged in and So does every other Dometic Fridge Prior to the CFX3 range of fridges, Their lack of Openness and lack of Info it seems like they just don't care,

Personally I think this problem is a result of them having stopped using the Danfos / Secop Compressors in favour of their new own brand compressor, either way nothing comes close to the Danfos / Secop or the Sawafuji Compressors and Dometic should not of tried to fix what was not broken.

Last edited:

BlakeA

I looked at Dometic CFX3, Arb, and Engel fridges earlier this year and went with the Dometic. I emailed them and asked if the CFX 3 fridges going forward would have the electrical flaw fixed, and if so, could I send mine back for exchange. What I received back was .....crickets. No more Dometic stuff for me.

Dometic

In case you may have missed it, we've launched a pre-Labor Day sale!
  • Free Shipping sitewide
  • CC’s Starting at $400 (CC32)
  • CC40 is $450 (normally $539)
  • 10% off Camp Equipment / Tents / Awnings / Truck Refrigerators
  • Patrol’s starting at $125 (Patrol 20)
  • Patrol 35 - $175 (normally $199.99)
  • Patrol 55 - $250 (save $50)
  • Patrol 75 - $250 (save $50)
  • Patrol 105 - $300 ($50 off)
The above sale items will run through end of day September 12th.

Looking for CFX3s, CF, and TC's? We have new inventory inbound, but we're trying to verify when we'll have stock available on these models.

We'll post up more info on other items as they are added to the sale

BTW - be sure to use the Expedition20 code during check out. It will save you an additional $25 on whatever you purchase (on sale or not).

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Dometic

We had to verify that new inventory was going to be coming in, but now that we have it confirmed, we're expanding our Pre-Labor Day Sale to include:

Sale is running now through September 12, 2020.
  • Free Shipping Sitewide
  • CC’s Starting at $400 (CC32)
  • CC40 is $450 (normally $539)
  • 10% off Camp Equipment / Tents / Awnings / Truck Refrigerators
  • Patrol’s starting at $125 (Patrol 20)
  • Patrol 35 - $175 (normally $199.99)
  • Patrol 55 - $250 (save $50)
  • Patrol 75 - $250 (save $50)
  • Patrol 105 - $300 ($50 off)
  • $100 off all CFX3s
  • 10% off all CFX3 accessories including the PLB40
  • 25% off CF and TC’s
Please note that the CFX3s will indicate "Out of stock" but you will be able to place a back order and get the discount. Orders placed will be shipped by September 15th.

PS - be sure to use the code below. You'll save another $25!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Last edited:

mariojd

Problems with NEW Dometic CFX 3 75 in the bed truck of my Ranger Tremor, Miami Beach, FL [HOT weather]

Hi

I just started to test my CFX3 75 2 days before my 5,000 miles trip to Texas, New Mexico and Arizona and the minimum temperature after 18 was 55F with my settings in 41F, just the big compartment filled with water and soda cans using shore power 110V. Here my readings

This morning 7:14am after 12 hours connected to 110V outside temperature 80F

1626127665906.png

Best Reading 1:37pm this afternoon 55F after 2 inches rain outside temperature 74F

1626127876332.png

Now the temperature remain in 55F at 6:15pm outside temperature 90F

Am I doing anything wrong or my CFX3 have problems ?

@Dometic help please I have just 36 hours before I will start my trip

Thank you in advance !

AppalachianGoat

How much room do you have around your vents? Is it in straight sunlight? That temp on the other side is pretty dang hot. If your not using both sides I’d probably prop open the “off” side to vent to ambient so it’s not turning into an oven which could really impact the heat transfer of the shared “on” side. Can you load the other side and turn it on and see if that helps. It seems like your a victim of radiation and conduction heat transfer.

mariojd

How much room do you have around your vents? Is it in straight sunlight? That temp on the other side is pretty dang hot. If your not using both sides I’d probably prop open the “off” side to vent to ambient so it’s not turning into an oven which could really impact the heat transfer of the shared “on” side. Can you load the other side and turn it on and see if that helps. It seems like your a victim of radiation and conduction heat transfer.

Thank you, I will try to load the other side and put both in the same temperature this afternoon and try this night without sun and with lower temperatures

I have plenty of space in the back of the cooler, I think..and yesterday we don't have direct sun, it was a cloudy day.I keep the bed open when weather permitted too.

.0C50D14A-FDAC-4D1D-A304-A9970F81C7A2_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

mariojd

I filled bot compartment and started on both connected to 110V AC, before then I have just the front compartment on and filled.

1626180946760.png1626180961105.png

Ambient Temperature 83F

1626180983618.png

Battery temperature 83.2F

1626180997640.png

Bed Rack temperature 82.6F

1626181024220.png

Cooler Metallic front temperature 81.6F

1626181051106.png

Cooler front compartment door top temperature 89.5F

1626181083139.png

Cooler Metallic back temperature 107F

1626181103532.png

Open space in the back of the cooler for cool air

1626181121497.png

Internal temperature readings 59F Front and 68F back, both set to 41F
1626181370028.png

I hope this analysis show clearly the problem I have after 72 hours of my CFX 3 75 connected to 110V AC, outside temperature between 80F in the night and morning to 90F in the afternoon. The car is in the shade 80% of the time, I kept the Tonneau cover

Thank you for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz