The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

thuelmcnagen

I found a used Sienna recliner that I'm hoping to use as a 3rd seat in my Sprinter campervan. I saw that U Joint is selling brackets for these still, but they look lower than the old Base-Fab brackets. Are there any options for higher placement like the Base-Fab? Anyone selling any old bracket?

john_bigboote_1

Great info in here.

I've run 4 strips of flanged L-track from front to rear of my EB E350. I'm going to lay new rug and make cut-out for the L-track. I used the rug I removed to experiment with mixed results. I have a few ideas how to improve the finished product using my experimental rug and a cardboard template but mistakes could be expensive.

Does anybody have any tips for getting an accurate fit when cutting the rug?

WillTheThri11

I think I may have made a mistake and bought the wrong kind of Sienna Seat. A guy has been selling them like they're easy to adapt, etc... but looking at his bases, I can't figure it out.

I also noticed someone selling the same type of seat on the sportsmobile forum claiming they fit the u-joint bases with slight modification, but I can't find any example of it and the seller hasn't responded so I'm wondering if anyone else knows how to mount these seats...otherwise maybe i'm reselling my seat and looking for something else or fabbing a custom mount for these.

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
I think I may have made a mistake and bought the wrong kind of Sienna Seat. A guy has been selling them like they're easy to adapt, etc... but looking at his bases, I can't figure it out.

yes you bought the wrong row. You want the 2nd row seats, kinda looks like you bought the front row (Driver passenger seat). The 2nd row seats have a clip-in style mount, so very easy to convert, the front seats have the usual frame which is a PITA to convert.

WillTheThri11

yes you bought the wrong row. You want the 2nd row seats, kinda looks like you bought the front row (Driver passenger seat). The 2nd row seats have a clip-in style mount, so very easy to convert, the front seats have the usual frame which is a PITA to convert.

These are the second row seats. I think the fronst would have a track and wouldn't have the integrated seat belt I just learned that they are in a model that has "unremovable" second row seats because the seat itself incorporates an airbag.

WillTheThri11

What about just a corner bracket like this?

lwalk

I'll be selling my front mounts if anyone is interested. Passenger swivel. PM me. Located in San Diego.
I assume you don't have these mount to sell anymore, but let me know if you do!

New guy here...I just got my first e-series and would love to go the Sienna seat route, but is anyone making driver/passenger mounts anymore? I hate I have missed the boat here.

6door74

Anyone interested in getting a set of the recliner Sienna seats? I have a pair for sale in MD. Willing to drive a few hours to meet the buyer.

Attachments

• PXL_20220829_131622986.jpg
    PXL_20220829_131622986.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20220829_131051307.jpg
    PXL_20220829_131051307.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles