The Lost XR

lostxr

Observer
New pegs and case saver

Just added another couple of items from XR's Only and man they work great and look outstanding. The case saver has an outstanding look to it and will save the case if the chain ever takes a dump. Also the new foot-pegs feel so much better than the skinny stock one. I love the polished finish on them and I am not a bling guy at all but I have had tons of comments on them. Still more to come.
cover1.jpgpeg1.jpgpeg2.jpg

lostxr

Observer
Nice Pegs

Bad Lt, I am loving these pegs and they look so dang good. You can not believe all the commits I get on them. I love the feel off road.

lostxr

Observer
Ok guys. I finally got around to getting the jetting right and man did it make a difference with the new XR Only's pipe. I noticed a huge difference with the pipe alone before jetting but now I can really tell the difference. Almost all decell popping is gone and the throttle response is a ton better. I am running a 58/ 160 and it really seems to like it here at 5500 ft. I would still like to move over to a mechanical slide carb instead of the diaphragm slide. Have any of you guys swapped a 650R carb onto a 650L. I think they might be a different size and it might not fit the manifold? The diaphragm carb does not seem to have the instant response that I like to have when off road. It might be that it seems that way after riding a hot rodded 600 R for years.
attachment.php

lostxr

Observer
The new chain guide

I have raced bike for years and also spent more off road miles than most people would believe and good parts work great. The stock plastic guide has always been a problem on the Big Red Pigs. I am not trying to sound like I am advertising for XR Only's but they do make great products that I have used on many of my bikes and a lot of my friends run their products as well. I just added their chain guide and this thing will last as long as the bike will. A very simple install. remove old guide, mount one side of the new guide on and then the inner side. tighten the bolts and you are ready to go. it really looks great with the new Case saver as well. More parts coming soon. This has been a very fun build for me.
slide.jpg slide1.jpg slide2.jpg slide3.jpg

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Nice ride. I love the XRs. Keep the updates coming.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

lostxr

Observer
12 volt outlet

Thanks for your comments guys. Just added a 12 volt out let that I picked up at Adventure Trailers. They also make a USB version of this. A great way to charge a phone or to run a GPS. I tapped into the key on circuit so that I do not forget and run the battery down. At some point I am going to change the entire headlamp and mount and looking at options on LED headlamps. Working on the right direction to go but coming soon. I can custom fab some very easy here at the shop but would like to find a way to do it so that anyone could pick up the parts and do the same thing.
12v1.jpg 12v2.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Is the bottom of that exposed? That might cause some problems down the road.

I've moved away from the Cig lighters on my bike altogether. Often times they are not secure enough on bumpy rides. I installed a waterproof dual USB on my bike and it's great for charging my phone and my itouch at the same time. (it will not charge my Ipad though)

lostxr

Observer
12 volt outlet

I understand your concerns on the outlet but... this is not some cheap Wal-Mart outlet. It is a true marine grade outlet that we have used for 10 years in out Adventure Trailers and we have not had any problems at all. I ride very rocky rough trails and I also ride every day to work and every single weekend and no issues at all. The USB version is just as tough. But you are correct for sure. if you use a cheap cig outlet it will not last any time at all. Thanks for clearing this up.

lostxr

Observer
Heated hand grips for a dirt bike

OK, call me a wuss if you like but my hands are going to be warm. I had never used heated grips until a group of us took and very cold ride in the dead of winter and I was riding a friends big GS with heated grips...Oh man that was nice. But poor Mario was riding a Ducati Monster and his hand were blue. I had no idea that anyone made heated grips that would work with hand guards installed but Mario and Anne hooked me up. A'ME Engineered Performance makes a nice pair that you can cut the end out for hand guards...NICE. I have not done the install yet but will add it to this post as soon as I do. The install looks simple. They have adjustments on both grips for 6 different temp setting. The only thing I might set up different is a relay to the key on position so that I don't forget and leave them on and kill the battery. I am planning to ride this bike all winter and this is going to make life a lot easier. We get some nice winter snow up here in Prescott AZ and some very cold temps. Install with pictures coming soon.
grip1.jpg

Last edited:

lostxr

Observer
Skid plate

Just added the XR Only skid plate and it rocks... or should I say it protects my engine from rocks. I had the exact same skid on the 600R and ran it for years without any problems. The install is very simple and it will stand it to many years of abuse. No added noise from the plate either. It really helps for crossing over logs.
skid1.jpg skide1.jpg skide2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94