The Dirt Lab

AuntieM

Observer
After 3 months

We have now spent 3 months in Mexico using our camper every day. Someone commented after the build let's see how you like it after you use it? Well, we love it. Yes, there have been a few snags, like loosing a solar panel in a heavy windstorm. But, after sleeping in and using every part of the camper for 3 months, we are thrilled. Thanks to everyone for the advise and the encouragement. We will see you at the Expo!

AuntieM

Observer
Less than 2 months after our return from Mexico and weeks after being a Feature Vehicle at this years Overland Expo, we are in the battle of our lives. Ed underwent emergency Brain Tumor Surgery. Ed is battling Brain Cancer and will start Radiation and Chemotherapy treatments this week.

catmandu

Observer
I am not really a prayer but said one for you. The adventurous sprit for someone to build this rig and use it is why many of us slog through our day to day in the hopes that one day there will be options....get well, use it, enjoy it, there are people you will never know who are pulling for you and your husband.

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
AuntieM & Ed,
When I saw there was an update to the Dirt Lab, I was hoping for a good update on the Dirt Lab or a new trip. :Wow1: I was not expecting to read about Ed's battle with brain cancer! Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
My heart truly goes out to you guys!!!

Just a little "back story". I have developed a few robots to manufacture the radioactive catheters that they may probably be useing for your husbands procedure. I can tell you that WITHOUT A DOUBT! The people that make the stuff that will help your husband... Are so focused and so proud of what they are doing, you could not be in better hands!

God's Speed!

J.S.

Thank you for that. My friend is going through brain cancer too. Prayers going out all around.

MTAA

Adventurer
Starting to order materials:

New sliding windows for drivers and passengers side windows
Fantastic Fan
Thetford C200 cassette toilet

will be ordering a NovaCool 12v fridge soon

We are excited, each day it seems like our plan gets simpler and clearer. Pictures to follow soon.

What type & where did you get your replacement windows? I have the same truck and am planning out my build.

AuntieM

Observer
After Ed's passing this last January, I have decided to try to sell the Camper. Please see the listing under vehicles for Sale by members. Thank you to everyone for your support through this labor of Love.

Nosferatu49534

Observer
After Ed's passing this last January, I have decided to try to sell the Camper. Please see the listing under vehicles for Sale by members. Thank you to everyone for your support through this labor of Love.
I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing ok. Loosing a spouse is never easy. Just don't stop living your self. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94