Thanks Scott for this Forum and too cool

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Guinness,
Would you be able to pass on info about Disabled Explorers to your friend and the other gentleman? We need to tell the story of those who have overcome already inorder to inspire & encourage folks who aren't sure if they can make it happen.
I am gathering info from various folks and will start adding to the Overcome section of the site with interviews and features on various types of mobility issues and those who have overcome them.
Thanks

Guinness44 said:
Thats awesome.
My friend has RA, and we went to the Maze. He drove a manual CJ. At that time he only needed a little help with the tent, and tying the boots and some driving. The days were very long.

At a clubevent, there was this member in a wheelchair (mountainbike accident). He does whatever he can himselfs and drives with the handthrottle/brake, all over hard trails. His comment: I never thought, I would be on this side of the trail. (in a vehicle instead of the bike).

This is and has to be ACCESS TO ALL.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Very cool, indeed, Lance! :punk03:
Way to go! :victory:

safari.gif

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I've sent my para friend the link to this sub forum. He often says "Walking is over-rated."
I hope he'll join in. He first rebuilt his CJ to be more chair friendly (hinged front fenders etc.), then he built a Class 7 desert race S-10 and has raced it for the last 3 or more years including 2 Baja 500's.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
ntsqd said:
I've sent my para friend the link to this sub forum. He often says "Walking is over-rated."
I hope he'll join in. He first rebuilt his CJ to be more chair friendly (hinged front fenders etc.), then he built a Class 7 desert race S-10 and has raced it for the last 3 or more years including 2 Baja 500's.

wow that is too cool....

I would really like to make contact with your buddy and feature his story on the Overcome section of the Disabled Explorers website to inspire folks who think they will never be active again...

Please ask him if I can contact him by email/phone for info & pics....
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles