Tex's 2019 GX460 build

Tex68w

Beach Bum

SoTxAg06

Are you surprised? I thought my reputation preceded me here in this department lol. The original plan was to keep her two more years until she was out of warranty but things change. I will honestly miss this one.

Ha. I found that I get bored around year 2 of having a vehicle. Sitting at 30K on my current truck, and will have had it for two years in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Ha. I found that I get bored around year 2 of having a vehicle. Sitting at 30K on my current truck, and will have had it for two years in August.

I wouldn't say that I am bored, just in need of the power and capacity of a diesel truck is all. Surprisingly this GX has been the opposite experience of how I usually trend with a vehicle. Normally I get something and I am 120% into it, fully pumped for the build and then over time interest fades and I move on. With the GX I wasn't a fan at all when we bought it, it was a "wife" purchase, but when it became mine interest slowly started to grow and over time I have found myself more and more attached and comfortable with it. It makes for a great daily and it isn't half bad on the highway for short to medium length trips either. If unlimited funds allowed I'd keep it and go long travel, 35's, triple locked and keep her around for the more extreme off-roading that we might do.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
As in a Ram with a Cummins? I thought fore sure it would be a diesel Tremor.

It'll be one of the two. It's an awful time to be truck shopping with the reduced inventory and increased demand post Covid BS. I have never gotten less than $8K off of a Super Duty in the past and now your best option is the X-Plan which is only $5K off give or take. Most dealers around here won't sell for less than sticker even if it's on the lot. I just can't bring myself to fight over a Super Duty and/or over pay when the standard not more than a year ago was $10K off without even asking at most of the larger volume dealers.

I might be ordering a 2022 and sitting back and waiting for it to arrive in the fall. I can start to amass parts and order the longer term items in the interim.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It'll be one of the two. It's an awful time to be truck shopping with the reduced inventory and increased demand post Covid BS. I have never gotten less than $8K off of a Super Duty in the past and now your best option is the X-Plan which is only $5K off give or take. Most dealers around here won't sell for less than sticker even if it's on the lot. I just can't bring myself to fight over a Super Duty and/or over pay when the standard not more than a year ago was $10K off without even asking at most of the larger volume dealers.

I might be ordering a 2022 and sitting back and waiting for it to arrive in the fall. I can start to amass parts and order the longer term items in the interim.
Yup. I drive past a GM dealer, a Chrysler / RAM / Jeep dealer and a Ford dealer everyday on my commute. The inventory levels on their lots is crazy low. They almost look empty.

For the reasons you mentioned, I'm going to keep driving my current truck. Approaching 160K miles but it's still running good.

I was debating looking at F150's and Tundras once the new redesigned Tundra is on lots but, it will definitely depend on inventory levels.

I'm not desperate for a vehicle so paying full pop is not going to happen.

SoTxAg06

Yeah, it’s definitely not the time to find a deal. Local dealership keeps offering to buy my truck. I just don’t think I would come out ahead by selling it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles