Tex's 2019 GX460 build

skrypj

Nice truck. I picked up a 2011 GX460 last year when my 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD decided to window the block. I bought it with the intention to build it up but, since owning it, I have decided to keep it most stock and picked up a SAS'd 95 4Runner to abuse in the woods. I will likely put a lift and some ARB or similar skids on mine at some point just to make it a little more offroad worthy.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That was my intention for this one as well, at first lol, now things have slowly spiraled out of control and the 200 will now be the one that stays relatively stock haha.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The Kaon Flush Flat Maxtrax Mounting Brackets for Rhino Rack, FrontRunner, Rola and Yakima racks finally arrived. They had been lost in the USPS wonderland for the past two weeks and the blizzard certainly didn't help matters lol. These mount flush to the Pioneer Platform rack (works with the others listed as well) and use Maxtrax mounting pins to attach the boards. Installation was a cinch and the pins aligned perfectly and the best part is that they are easily and quickly removed with just four allen key bolts. Now I can run four Pelican 1650's behind the Maxtrax for multi-day trips leaving the interior clear and free of clutter so that we can can sleep inside easily.

sj5iXey.jpg

ID8x6sB.jpg

6ZyUw6V.jpg

qiYk6cF.jpg

SKvjs3f.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Victory 4x4 center stack/console molle panels installed. Not sure how I feel about how it's oriented, the spacers are awkward but it's the best they can do given the odd curve to the plastics. I'll reevaluate it once I get the holster mounted and can use it with my EDC for a few days.

dXSCR8j.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally got around to messing with mounting a holster on the Victory Center Console Molle Panel. It took some work to get it to where the holster sits at the right angle in order to properly and comfortably draw your firearm from a sitting position. After figuring the angle out it took even longer to get it secure to the panel beyond the belt clip attachment and more importantly, rattle free. Luckily the PHLster Floodlight holster came with a lot of different hardware and I was able to utilize that in order to get the holster secure without too much modification. It's a tight fit and I am sure that I will find myself rubbing up against it at times but it's not exactly in the way either so I am content. Only time will tell how well I'll like it, but for now I am happy with how it turned out and I am glad to have my EDC of choice (19X) securely within arms reach and no longer in the center console.

jE56Uea.jpg

BnDohpJ.jpg

hvY8Xdl.jpg

RzYRcDD.jpg

VQs7igG.jpg

thezentree

pretend redneck
What's your plan for when you get out of the car? Not trying to be snarky - AWIB carrying a G19 with a TLR-1 in a car seat is not the most comfortable thing and I'm interested to hear ideas.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
What's your plan for when you get out of the car? Not trying to be snarky - AWIB carrying a G19 with a TLR-1 in a car seat is not the most comfortable thing and I'm interested to hear ideas.

4 o'clock IWB holster. I also plan to get the console vault for this vehicle should I ever need to store the gun when away from the vehicle for any reason, obviously not for long term. For the most part this is a place for it sit while spending long hours on the road or when at the ranch. I am waiting on my next EDC to arrive and then the 19X will go back to ranch carry duties.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I got the missing wing plates in for the Goose Gear Cargo Plate today. A big shoutout to @Giovanni for being the middle man and helping get these to me in a timely manner, your help is greatly appreciated. I like the clean look and it tidy's up the sides where the plastics are unfinished. I left them unattached to the main plate and placed some felt in a few areas to create tension/friction to help keep them in place and to keep them from rattling while at the same time allowing them to be easily removed for storage underneath. I have tucked a few items in behind the wings which has freed up some of the space inside of the cubby compartments for air hoses and my winch remote.

Overall the product is fantastic but my one complaint is that the wrong sides of some of the wing panels were recessed for drilling and it didn't make for the cleanest finish out. I guess this is better than no recess at all which some have mentioned in the past, at least I got to use them for pilot holes before I drilled the opposite side. Now I need to decide whether or not I am going to order drawers or wait for the sleep platform due out this summer, decisions decisions.

VpwdSyg.jpg

tLluC5O.jpg

dl6mflu.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles